• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they call me this morning for an interview. they had an old resume that showed approximately 900tt and 70 multi.

The hiring at Skyway is continuing. There is a class starting October 17th and rumored to possibly be another in November. Thanks to Midwest, attrition is continuing at a good pace right now. They have been hiring some lower time pilots recently but they don't have much to choose from right now. The guys on the bottom of the list are moving up very quickly around here. Hopefully we get some more airplanes around here soon so us guys in the middle can move around some as well.

saviboy said:
they call me this morning for an interview. they had an old resume that showed approximately 900tt and 70 multi.

Guess its time to start making up entries in the ol' log book till we have at least that much time then huh? :)

Good luck! Study why gyroscopic precesion makes the left engine critical. I heard they ask tough questions like that for the interview. Luckly they never asked me that, thats why I was hired.

Correct

WillFlyFoCookie said:
I believe those "special" 400 hours pilots were people that were already working for the company as ground instructors. They were initially hired to help ramp up the training department for all the pilots that were supposed to be pushed through for the Delta deal. They had already been working for Skyway for at least a year and had substantial knowledge on the aircraft because of course they were teaching the stuff. When the Delta deal didn't go through and they wouldn't be needed as ground instructors anymore the company needed pilots. So instead of hitting the street they can now fly the line. That's the way I took the situation and I think these are the people being referred to.

you are correct sir!!

WillFlyFoCookie said:
I believe those "special" 400 hours pilots were people that were already working for the company as ground instructors. They were initially hired to help ramp up the training department for all the pilots that were supposed to be pushed through for the Delta deal. They had already been working for Skyway for at least a year and had substantial knowledge on the aircraft because of course they were teaching the stuff. When the Delta deal didn't go through and they wouldn't be needed as ground instructors anymore the company needed pilots. So instead of hitting the street they can now fly the line. That's the way I took the situation and I think these are the people being referred to.
Most of the pilots new to the company had between 900-2500 hrs- 50% local

It is doable if you live close enough. With good traffic it's a one hour drive from ORD to MKE. There are a number of people that live in northern IL and commute here. I don't know how practical it would be on reserve with just a 90 minute call out though. Might be kinda tight. You could hang out at Gurnee all day waiting fora call. Give you a head start. Thats about a 45 min drive. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back