• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've been over this already. Were taking over the 717 flying and they are getting a STC to revamp the 717 like the 1900. They had to fight about the flight director, but boeing finally caved.

sbn340mech said:
So where are all the Beech guys going to go when the 1900s are retired?
Probably not Mesaba!!!!!!!!!!

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
The current Beech CA upgrade class went as junior as April '04 so that's not too bad. I don't know how much longer we'll continue to have upgrade classes - all of it depends on acquiring additional DoJets.

As for RP170, he's a former DoJet guy so he never spent a day in ESC. Besides, it would've been too cold and too cloudy for him there. He's a gel-using, sun-loving pretty boy; them UP'ers would've just laughed and laughed AT him. You know what I mean, hey der? :D

HMM

Ironically enough, I am from Marquette. Just don't touch the hair. :) Tell JP hi for me guys. I heard he had quite the Holloween costume or lack thereof.

Last edited:
HowlinMadMurdoc said:
Yea, what a job that is too. Flying a mainline-sized airplane for regional wages.

Bet you're proud of it too... :rolleyes:

Since you bailed on SYX, why don't you worry about CHQ and we'll worry about SYX.

HMM

ALPA ruined that years ago when they decided not to fly RJ's at mainline. I don't know of any 70 seat mainline aircraft out there. The 170 has the same amount of seats as a CRJ700, Dash Q400, and ATR72. It has less seats than the Avro RJ85, BAE 146 and CRJ900. But it's ok to fly those at the regionals?

I'm not worried about you guys I was just saying that I'm glad to see you guys still believe in Skyway's management after all that has happened. By the way, is GV still around?

Last edited:
It's not that I BELEIVE in Skyway management...

I just don't want to jump from one frying pan (that seems to be cooling down) into another one that may be starting to heat up.

RP170 said:
I'm not worried about you guys I was just saying that I'm glad to see you guys still believe in Skyway's management after all that has happened. By the way, is GV still around?
You know damn well what you meant!!! You bailed too soon and now you got to log a lot of SIC time. Now all you got to do is cut on some skyway guys that are actually making it through the ranks.

pilotmyf said:
You know dang well what you meant!!! You bailed too soon and now you got to log a lot of SIC time. Now all you got to do is cut on some skyway guys that are actually making it through the ranks.

How am I cutting on Skyway guys? I have no problem with Skyway pilots. I did my research and felt I was making a better career move by joining a company that is projected to double the size of its pilot group in the next year to year and a half with at least another 50 aircraft to be delivered in that time. I'm not trying to attack anyone at Skyway. I respect all of you and enjoyed flying with every captain that I flew with. It's a good professional group of guys and gals. Good luck to all of you.

RP170 said:
How am I cutting on Skyway guys? I have no problem with Skyway pilots. I did my research and felt I was making a better career move by joining a company that is projected to double the size of its pilot group in the next year to year and a half with at least another 50 aircraft to be delivered in that time. I'm not trying to attack anyone at Skyway. I respect all of you and enjoyed flying with every captain that I flew with. It's a good professional group of guys and gals. Good luck to all of you.
Putting your hopes in management too, I see....

fastbird said:
Buying to management's lies...didn't learn nuthin' at Skyway.

I learned that I can commute to work much easier from MCO with a commutable schedule that was not offered at Skyway. I commute on my own company. I also clear $600-700 more per month on first year pay than I did on second year FO pay at Skyway. All of our FO's average 15 days off per month with at least 80-85 hours of pay credit. $1.55/hr per diem. Bidding #15 out of 40 FO's in my domicile. Pref bidding is offered, not line bidding. Why should I try to commute to MKE when there is not enough incentive to do so with no growth or upgrade potential? It's a no brainer decision if you ask me. QOL, pay, and growth are much better where I am now. Everyone choses to work someplace for certain reasons, that's why I chose to work where I am now. Why you continue to bash me for making the decision I did is beyond me? I haven't said one negative thing about any of the Skyway guys. I'm not sure who pilotmyf and fastbird are but apparently you had something against me when I was at Skyway it sounds like?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back