Skyking captain YIKES...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry you are so unhappy

Dont knock the guy HE EARNED IT even the 24 year old captain knows he is working for a dirtbag operation so lets leave it at that..

I was a beechjet captain at age 22 and I went in and looked at my log book I had 3200 hrs TT.. With the exception of 5 months in the right seat my entire career was all pic until i got the the airlines.

I also was a total aviation nut a plane can fly over and i will tell you what it is based on sound. Now 12 years later i dont care and would prefer to just see my family everyday.. but i have some great memories..

good for him

Wow... 3200 at 22 yrs. Impressive. Your family must've flown too, right?

Most pilots with mounds of time early on seem to have family who had them behind the stick at a young age. I didn't take my first flying lesson until I was 25. Money was a big issue all along the way. My certs all had to come in pt 61 piecemeal over several yrs.

Mr. Sky King...from Boca??? Put in a lot of hard work?? Embry Riddle? Lived with his parents? Don't think so....So many other pilots have put in the same amount AND MORE and have never jumped to the right seat of a Lear then to 737...bet his type rating was paid for...not out of his own pocket (maybe a paper route??) ....good for him...I'm sure someone got him this job. Looks like everything was bought here!!! he may be a good Pilot but CERTAINLY hasn't worked as hard as MANY other pilots I know. Just sayn....

Mr. Sky King...from Boca??? Put in a lot of hard work?? Embry Riddle? Lived with his parents? Don't think so....So many other pilots have put in the same amount AND MORE and have never jumped to the right seat of a Lear then to 737...bet his type rating was paid for...not out of his own pocket (maybe a paper route??) ....good for him...I'm sure someone got him this job. Looks like everything was bought here!!! he may be a good Pilot but CERTAINLY hasn't worked as hard as MANY other pilots I know. Just sayn....

I don't know this guy but I think you are making lots of assumptions...

Wow... 3200 at 22 yrs. Impressive. Your family must've flown too, right?

Most pilots with mounds of time early on seem to have family who had them behind the stick at a young age. I didn't take my first flying lesson until I was 25. Money was a big issue all along the way. My certs all had to come in pt 61 piecemeal over several yrs.

Must have, I had 3700 at late 24, almost 25. I logged my first bit of time at 13 and I flew odd commercial flying jobs since I was 19. That guy had a good pace going. Good for him!

Good for him. I know someone who just went to Sky King and met him and said he was very professional, really nice guy...some people are just that lucky.

As for the age thing; I'm 25 with 5,400 hours and ATP, CFI...kissed up at the airport a lot and met a really good friend who let me fly his plane a lot for gas and lunch, and a co-worker who let me fly his plane around for gas and a little extra cash and did the instructing thing as well. The assumption that everything is handed to someone because they're achieving a lot at a young age is not necessarily true. I came from a single parent and had to do all kinds of summer jobs, internships, retail jobs to pay for flying and school.

Sorry so bitter. No assumptions just going off the thread and the sun sentinel article. Sooo moral to the story is start flying out of womb go to embry riddle or sign up at the regionals at 250 hours. Dont make career change later in life. Thank god I love to fly. Because this industry is a joke and it appears that "some" of us don't get our jobs because we are qualified but because we sucked up to the right hangar or hamburger joint. I'm sure mr. Sky king earned his way. Good luck to him and all!! Fly safe!!!

Latest resources

Back