Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW to retire 66 older CRJs, and add 34 larger ones....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It says they're removing them from DAL service. If they find flying for the 25 skyw owned planes it's a net loss of 7 aircraft.

We're gonna have to lose more planes than that to keep up with the lack of staffing we will have when majors start hiring.

But, I'm fairly confident a conservative skyw,inc wouldn't have gone into a deal like this if they didn't have something else in the works.

removing doesn't mean retiring

Hi, someone asked where it said "retiring" in the article, and I stated in the title, which is true. Don't worry, the 50 seaters will all eventually be retired anyway, especially with high oil. If UAL gets the same scope as Delta, it will be accelerated. They are uneconomical.

Bye Bye---General Lee

25 planes needing homes...I think I'm developing a theory on how this is another piece of the puzzel.

If Ual pilots pass the ta as it is with concessions on scope(which I hope they don't, by the way), I'm with the xjet erj pilots for keeping a separate list.

And CAL had 50 seat scope. Didnt even make Uni-Cal blink before the CR7s and E-170 started flying through IAH/EWR. Maybe you guys really do have something boilerplate in place, but......

Airline managements have been pretty consistent in finding end-arounds for most anything labor is able to put in the path of what they want to do

XJT has replacement rights.

We thought we did too. The TPA has added loopholes to many of the protections our individual contracts once had.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back