Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW to retire 66 older CRJs, and add 34 larger ones....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, SKW gets rid of 41 "Delta owned" CRJs, but keeps 25 of their own for "at risk" flying? Is that how it works? Would they still be flying feed for DL? I thought RA wants 125 or less total 50 seaters within 2 years? Hmmmm.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I expect that they will be flying for Airways, UniCal or Alaska, not Delta. Whether at risk or not, who knows. The sticking point was that SKYW didn't want to get stuck with leases on idle aircraft.

This doesn't even account for all of Comairs aircraft and I think that I read somewhere that the 900's were coming from Pinnacle/Mesaba (not sure), still a lot of 76 seat airframes up for grabs.

More news to come. Might be a good time to buy Gojets stock.

So where does it say they are retiring the aircraft?

My guess is the Skywest deal included some of the delta TA growth airplanes along with these, just does not seem reasonable to give up 30 plus airframes that we're on contract for 7 more years...But it is the airline buisness... " reason and accountability "

... just does not seem reasonable to give up 30 plus airframes that we're on contract for 7 more years...But it is the airline buisness... " reason and accountability "

Go read the bold in GL's Aviation Week article again. SkyWest Inc seems very confident that they have a home for their 25 CRJ-200s. In that case trading 41 Delta owned 200s for 34 large RJs on a longer contract isn't a terrible deal. That is potentially only a net loss of 7 aircraft. If the new contacts with DL and the mystery home are better than the old one it might have been a very shrewd deal.

Go read the bold in GL's Aviation Week article again. SkyWest Inc seems very confident that they have a home for their 25 CRJ-200s. In that case trading 41 Delta owned 200s for 34 large RJs on a longer contract isn't a terrible deal. That is potentially only a net loss of 7 aircraft. If the new contacts with DL and the mystery home are better than the old one it might have been a very shrewd deal.

It's no mystery at Skywest. Everyone at Skywest is convinced we're going to be flying for AMR soon. The word is as I've mentioned on another thread was that the flying would be divided up between Skywest and ExpressJet.

It's no mystery at Skywest. Everyone at Skywest is convinced we're going to be flying for AMR soon. The word is as I've mentioned on another thread was that the flying would be divided up between Skywest and ExpressJet.

That may be, but I prefer to make no assumptions. The rumor mill has been wrong many times before.

I expect that they will be flying for Airways, UniCal or Alaska, not Delta. Whether at risk or not, who knows. The sticking point was that SKYW didn't want to get stuck with leases on idle aircraft.

This doesn't even account for all of Comairs aircraft and I think that I read somewhere that the 900's were coming from Pinnacle/Mesaba (not sure), still a lot of 76 seat airframes up for grabs.

More news to come. Might be a good time to buy Gojets stock.

Ask your broker where you can buy Gojets stock.

Latest resources

Back