Skip Barnette gone?? (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailout

WOW, just heard the latest rumor, -which at this point I think is true, it came from a good source-. Skip Barnette (Biggest Man at ASA) has just "retired" effective Sept 1st. He has taken a new job at Carribean Star Airlines.

Hmm, is this because we are already sold and he position is no longer needed, or because we all know Delta is going to file BnkRpt before the new laws take effect in Sept??

bailout said:
Hmm, is this because we are already sold and he position is no longer needed, or because we all know Delta is going to file BnkRpt before the new laws take effect in Sept??

Could it be c) all of the above?

bailout said:
WOW, just heard the latest rumor, -which at this point I think is true, it came from a good source-. Skip Barnette (Biggest Man at ASA) has just "retired" effective Sept 1st. He has taken a new job at Carribean Star Airlines.

I tried to tell you.....here comes SkyWest......30-60 days(minus however many hace passed since I told ya' so)

Whats this going to mean for someone like myself who is starting class in about 2 weeks?

cbrown1 said:
Whats this going to mean for someone like myself who is starting class in about 2 weeks?

Nothing. You'll still be on the bottom of the list, regardless of who signs your checks.

Great news... Right before good things happen to a company the senior management usually relocates to another airline.

I forget who said it but something about lifeboats.

sweptback said:
Nothing. You'll still be on the bottom of the list, regardless of who signs your checks.

The thing is this is my first airline to work for and I was lucky to even get an interview with asa. I'm just worried that they might tell me to not even bother showing up for class if they are in money troubles.

cbrown1 said:
The thing is this is my first airline to work for and I was lucky to even get an interview with asa. I'm just worried that they might tell me to not even bother showing up for class if they are in money troubles.

What have you got to lose. Best case scenario you get hired, build some hours and move on to bigger and better airlines. Wost case scenario you get hired, build some hours and move on to bigger and better airlines.

It's a tough choice.

cbrown1 said:

One lesss speaker you have to try and stay awake in indoc for.

Latest resources

Back