• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skip Barnette gone?? (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let the sh1t storm begin!!! Grinstein himself is coming over to initiate running us into the ground next week.

hmm and look at these numbers:

SkyWest closes up $1.28 at $21.58 6% change
Delta closes down $.28 at $1.95 12% change

Something in the works?????????????????????????

avpro91 said:
Let the sh1t storm begin!!! Grinstein himself is coming over to initiate running us into the ground next week.

I don't think we need any help in that department.

Alright - let's do a reality check now.

What are the pros and cons of a Skywest acquisition of ASA?

At the very least, ASA would be managed by a better group than the folks we have now.

Personally, I don't think either pilot group would benefit a windfall at the expense of the other. More likely, a merged pilot list would be based on the relative seniority of the individual pilots within their groups.

Also - Isn't it a good chance that the airlines would be operated independently for a period of time?

Just a few thoughts to ponder.

All good points and probably the most reasonable post on this subject in recent history.

ohplease! said:
I tried to tell you.....here comes SkyWest......30-60 days(minus however many hace passed since I told ya' so)

oh, please!!!!! Let me guess you knew Skip had interviewed and taken a job even before Skip did right?

anon said:
Alright - let's do a reality check now.

What are the pros and cons of a Skywest acquisition of ASA?

At the very least, ASA would be managed by a better group than the folks we have now.

Personally, I don't think either pilot group would benefit a windfall at the expense of the other. More likely, a merged pilot list would be based on the relative seniority of the individual pilots within their groups.

Also - Isn't it a good chance that the airlines would be operated independently for a period of time?

Just a few thoughts to ponder.

Excellent points!!!

Have No Fear, You Can Always Go Back To School!

First of all, Congrats to Skip. Seriously.

My advice to the line pilot is to scout out other work that you could do if you think that things are too unstable. A good "PLAN B" is fair to ask in this industry. I would have to say that I am qualified to give advice on such things. I am also qualified to tell you that worry is no good unless it is a powerful motivater. Don't make yourself sick over the specter of a company failure or sale.

But don't forget,
You can always go back to school!
If you are considering such plans, please keep the
Velvet Jones School of Technology
in mind!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back