Skip Barnette gone?? (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
scarlet said:
If staple-- do you really think Skywest is going to pay for all your FOs to train them to be captains...we are not talking 100-200 people we are talking 1000...????

I agree, it would cost SkyWest too much to staple or re-hire ASA guys as new employee's. To integrate the ASA guys, they would just need to be checked out on the SkyWest ops specs and procedures.

Why are you ASA types worried about how you're going to be merged into Skywest, when you should be thinking about Mesa. It will be interesting to see that merger play out.

Its the one you don't see coming that bites you in the a$$

SkyWest 1.5 year pilots are already CA's. SkyWest does look out for ther good old boy's. But I think it wouldnt go down as a straight staple. maybe a mix with a big fence.

front9 said:
shamrock, I throw a little flamebait out there to see who is easily rattled. If you are weak minded you will no doubt fall for it and get all wound up and pissed off. That is not my problem.

How old are you?

:rolleyes:Hey Front9..okay 12 years thats great. Now how would you feel if someone told you that you were going to the bottom of a list? What was that....Yeah, That's what I thought you said.....! Remember that IF and I mean a BIG IF, Skywest were to buy ASA it would not be because we were not making TONS of money....It is just going toward the bottom line of Big D. So don't treat this like we aren't making money and need someone to purchase us! If it were not for us and Comair, Big D would have been in the BK court already...not to mention their retirement GONE!!
As far as MY empty threats, I don't believe that I am the only one saying that on this board! What kills me is how you guys think this will be great and yet you don't make any differential pay to fly bigger airplanes. That is killing everyone and the fact that you guys say..."we can do nothing" is a load of crap! Grow some b@lls and make a stand with your pilot group. You would probably get more respect on this board if that were to happen.
But don't worry, you would still be welcomed on my jump seat anytime!
As I said before, if the tables were turned, DOH would be the order of the day. In fact, when talk of us and Comair merging was happening, that is exactly how the list's were merged! (according to our union reps.):cool:

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Actually Front9, you Jack@ss, NO! I would not want to staple anyone to the bottom! DOH would be the order of the day. Anyone who has been with a company for any amount of time should not lose that...PERIOD! By the way SKIPPY, I have been here almost 7 years. And let me guess, you are probably just starting your 2nd or 3rd! Shut your yapper! Everyone is so sick of hearing you run on and on with your $hit!

You're right. Anyone who has been with a company should not lose that...the only problem is that YOUR company wouldn't exist anymore. I think that is why some are saying "staple".

Latest resources

Back