Skip Barnette gone?? (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
front9 said:
Hey Tomct we all had choices when picking an airline to work for...you just picked the loser, but then thats nothing new for you is it? Your position is F the Skywest pilots, we need to do what fair for Tomct. Well guess what, I'm in that same position too. F U and the seniority you rode in on.

You think a OO pilots seniority is nothing compared to your 3 years with ASA. Its only fair you get to keep your DOH and come in above all of the Skywest pilots cause you're better. You make me sick, if the shoe were on the other foot you would be here talking about staple and how ALPA's going to save you.
You cant change what happens at ASA and all of a sudden you're going to come to Skywest and take them down. AAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I laugh in your face sir, you are all talk and no action so sit there and keep typing about how YOU are going to take down the entire airline industry and put us all out of jobs. YOU are pitiful and weak - like little girl. Hope you enjoy the view from the bottom, it wont be so bad though, I'll buy you a cup of coffee when you're doing your walkaround the the Denver snow on first year F/O pay.

Let's vote... ban him or not?

I vote the Homer and Front9 should be killed......

ifly4food said:
You're dreaming again... or on Meth

I don't know. Skywest is excessivly fat on RJ captains and we are an at will company. Start screwing around, they already have replacements trained.

Skaff said:
I don't know. Skywest is excessivly fat on RJ captains and we are an at will company. Start screwing around, they already have replacements trained.

"At will" doesn't mean sh1t when you buy a union outfit. You buy the union CBA too. It is called successorship. Do a little research on topics that you are deficient in knowledge before you babble. You won't sound quite so glib, nor ignorant.

I post a link for your review:

http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Mar/1/127237.html

You may find the following excerpts to be of particular interest:

The successorship doctrine is normally applied under the NLRA following the sale of a company. Under established labor law, the purchaser who is found to be a successor employer not only inherits the predecessors obligations under a collective bargaining agreement, it is responsible for remedying unfair labor practices committed by the predecessor. In other words, the purchaser has to pay any judgments and take all remedial action ordered.

and

Under federal labor law, a successor employer is liable for unfair labor practice remedies where it takes over the operations with
actual or constructive knowledge of pending unfair labor practice proceedings or outstanding NLRB orders. See Golden State Bottling Co vs NLRB, 414 U.S. 168 (1973). If the purchaser knew or should have known of these matter, it is liable.

Many of us at ASA, myself included, would welcome a federally ordered mandate to cease and desist from the illegal and immoral attack our current management has waged on our CBA. As you can see under NLRB rules, the purchasing entity (in this hypothetical case SkyWest) would be forced (UNDER THE LAW) to remedy the wrongs committed by our current management.

Happy reading...

What if SkyWest doesn't buy all of ASA? What if Skywest just buys the 70 seaters or only portions of the route system? I wouldn't count anything out.

Don't forget the famous Jerry Atkin quote, "We dont buy airlines, we buy assets".

homerjdispatch said:
What if SkyWest doesn't buy all of ASA? What if Skywest just buys the 70 seaters or only portions of the route system? I wouldn't count anything out.

Don't forget the famous Jerry Atkin quote, "We dont buy airlines, we buy assets".

What'd you come up with this plan all by yourself? That's the most idiotic thing I've read on this to date. ASA and Comair...Delta, are paying only slightly more for the 70's than they are for the 50's. But they're way more profitable. You don't sell off the most profitable part of your business because the other guy "only buys assets". It's not a fire sale dumb a$$.

But maybe you're a genius for thinking that you guys can pick up more 70s. From a pay rate perspective, another 30 or so 50 seaters [sarcasm]50, 70, what's the difference? You're paid the same![/sarcasm] would be great!

Folks, I don't believe Skywest is interested any more. If Comair and ASA get spun off, it will likely be to a private equity group. No point fighting about seniority integration for a merger that is not happening.

But, for what it is worth, given that the equipment type & paychecks are substantially similiar, as are the career expectations, DOH makes the most sense. Whether one grew faster than the other in 99 to 00, or 02 to 04, does not matter. All those guys are pilots working at airlines who are subcontractors for bankrupt carriers.

We do no know what the paradigm for airline operations at $80 to $100 a barrell oil is going to be. Upper middle class folks renting Eclipse Micro Jets from Bob Crandall, 787's & 777's with less frequency between major cities, RJ's flying to the smaller cities with sky high ticket prices - who knows? Delta has reverted back to their old ticket pricing style already and this strategy has not stemmed the losses. (Based on several $1,000+ ticket quotes for 400NM trips out of ATL on ASA - we ended up using our own airplanes to save money)

In our little business, we find that anything less than 600 to 800NM can be flown less expensively in General Aviation aircraft than using the airlines. An Eclipse jet costs more to operate than our Baron, but not too much more - who knows how folks are going to get around. All we can say for sure is that probabaly every network carrier with the notable exception of Continental, and possibly American, are looking like they will not be around 5 years from now. That change will effect ASA, Comair and Sywest the same.

Latest resources

Back