• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Skip Barnette gone?? (ASA)

bailout

Total Time
WOW, just heard the latest rumor, -which at this point I think is true, it came from a good source-. Skip Barnette (Biggest Man at ASA) has just "retired" effective Sept 1st. He has taken a new job at Carribean Star Airlines.

Hmm, is this because we are already sold and he position is no longer needed, or because we all know Delta is going to file BnkRpt before the new laws take effect in Sept??

tuna pimp

carbon neutral
Total Time
-
bailout said:
Hmm, is this because we are already sold and he position is no longer needed, or because we all know Delta is going to file BnkRpt before the new laws take effect in Sept??
Could it be c) all of the above?

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
bailout said:
WOW, just heard the latest rumor, -which at this point I think is true, it came from a good source-. Skip Barnette (Biggest Man at ASA) has just "retired" effective Sept 1st. He has taken a new job at Carribean Star Airlines.

I tried to tell you.....here comes SkyWest......30-60 days(minus however many hace passed since I told ya' so)

cbrown1

Total Time
Whats this going to mean for someone like myself who is starting class in about 2 weeks?

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
cbrown1 said:
Whats this going to mean for someone like myself who is starting class in about 2 weeks?
Nothing. You'll still be on the bottom of the list, regardless of who signs your checks.

Crash Pad

Total Time
Great news... Right before good things happen to a company the senior management usually relocates to another airline.

I forget who said it but something about lifeboats.

cbrown1

Total Time
sweptback said:
Nothing. You'll still be on the bottom of the list, regardless of who signs your checks.
The thing is this is my first airline to work for and I was lucky to even get an interview with asa. I'm just worried that they might tell me to not even bother showing up for class if they are in money troubles.

blzr

Total Time
cbrown1 said:
The thing is this is my first airline to work for and I was lucky to even get an interview with asa. I'm just worried that they might tell me to not even bother showing up for class if they are in money troubles.
What have you got to lose. Best case scenario you get hired, build some hours and move on to bigger and better airlines. Wost case scenario you get hired, build some hours and move on to bigger and better airlines.

It's a tough choice.

avpro91

Total Time
7000+
cbrown1 said:

One lesss speaker you have to try and stay awake in indoc for.

FL000

Total Time
It's on myASA now with Skip's signature. I'd call that a good source.

avpro91

Total Time
7000+
Let the sh1t storm begin!!! Grinstein himself is coming over to initiate running us into the ground next week.

cbrown1

Total Time
So my guess is that whatever happenes, I pretty much still have a job at asa?

homerjdispatch

Gods gift to dispatch
Total Time
a lot
hmm and look at these numbers:

SkyWest closes up $1.28 at $21.58 6% change
Delta closes down $.28 at $1.95 12% change

Something in the works?????????????????????????

rjcap

Total Time
zip
avpro91 said:
Let the sh1t storm begin!!! Grinstein himself is coming over to initiate running us into the ground next week.
I don't think we need any help in that department.

anon

Total Time
na
Alright - let's do a reality check now.

What are the pros and cons of a Skywest acquisition of ASA?

At the very least, ASA would be managed by a better group than the folks we have now.

Personally, I don't think either pilot group would benefit a windfall at the expense of the other. More likely, a merged pilot list would be based on the relative seniority of the individual pilots within their groups.

Also - Isn't it a good chance that the airlines would be operated independently for a period of time?

Just a few thoughts to ponder.

Bluto

Total Time
>4000
All good points and probably the most reasonable post on this subject in recent history.

jehtplane

Total Time
8500+
ohplease! said:
I tried to tell you.....here comes SkyWest......30-60 days(minus however many hace passed since I told ya' so)

oh, please!!!!! Let me guess you knew Skip had interviewed and taken a job even before Skip did right?

jehtplane

Total Time
8500+
anon said:
Alright - let's do a reality check now.

What are the pros and cons of a Skywest acquisition of ASA?

At the very least, ASA would be managed by a better group than the folks we have now.

Personally, I don't think either pilot group would benefit a windfall at the expense of the other. More likely, a merged pilot list would be based on the relative seniority of the individual pilots within their groups.

Also - Isn't it a good chance that the airlines would be operated independently for a period of time?

Just a few thoughts to ponder.

Excellent points!!!

Velvet Jones

Total Time
8500+
Have No Fear, You Can Always Go Back To School!

First of all, Congrats to Skip. Seriously.

My advice to the line pilot is to scout out other work that you could do if you think that things are too unstable. A good "PLAN B" is fair to ask in this industry. I would have to say that I am qualified to give advice on such things. I am also qualified to tell you that worry is no good unless it is a powerful motivater. Don't make yourself sick over the specter of a company failure or sale.

But don't forget,
You can always go back to school!
If you are considering such plans, please keep the
Velvet Jones School of Technology
in mind!

Last edited:

viper548

Total Time
Bluto said:
All good points and probably the most reasonable post on this subject in recent history.
You're right, but it won't last long