• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simple request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, as a non airline pilot, I always thought it was the mainline pilots that had the worst vernacular. But that's just me.

What always makes me laugh is:'

"Center, American 685 how are the rides up ahead."
"Moderate chop at your altitude, would you like to try lower or higher."
"We'll stay here, American 685."

Then why'd you ask? Lazy bastards.

AHH!

God save me from pilots who are in love with their own voice and live to talk on the radio in their Cheesy Airline Pilot Guy pitched tone!

For example: I flew with one guy that HAD to add as much to the transmission as possible regardless to how busy the freak was.

"Rooooooooooger Memphis Center Air-shuttle XXXX will cross XYZ fix at 250/10000 ride so far was good through 350 with just a bit of chop from 2750 to 250 and the ride from CLT was just FINNNNNE until we started the decent and by the way please have a suuuuuuper weekend and enjoy fine spring weather there in MEM because I just got back from Key West FL and boy... is my ball sack still sore from sun burn.... But I digress what was that frequency again.... OVER"

Closet fruit cake.

I personally like the people who insist on saying "Merry Christmas" or "happy New Year" close to the holidays.......how many thousands of times do you think the poor controller has to hear that.....and he is at work like you are, so it's probably not gonna be a truly great holiday anyways.

I personally like the people who insist on saying "Merry Christmas" or "happy New Year" close to the holidays.......how many thousands of times do you think the poor controller has to hear that.....and he is at work like you are, so it's probably not gonna be a truly great holiday anyways.

Plus he might be Jewish! :beer:

Latest resources

Back