• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simple request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "laughing check on"....usually by the Rj chicks. Happens over and ********************ing over.

Geez, get over yourselves guys. I, for one, am happy that we're not all mindless robots taking on the radio like a broken record. Imagine how boring that would be? So you change up the verbiage every now and then, no big deal as long as you aren't jamming the frequency or causing confusion.

Let's talk about something more interesting, like how bad Mesa sucks.

Heard a windcheck call once from the guy in front of us, tower responded "winds are calm"

10 seconds later he asked for ANOTHER wind check. Tower said "Wind..... zero knots, gusting to zero.....peak gust zero knots..... recorded at every moment Zulu......all directions. He'd probably been saving that one for years.

To be fair wind was 35 knot across on final at 2000'

The "and" thing is an Airforce hold hover. They needed a little trick to remind them to pause a couple seconds while the crypto synced up and putting an "and" at the beginning of the transmission did the trick.

The Navy pilots were just told to pause before speaking and that worked.

I just start my transmissions with "Like..."

I personally like the people who insist on saying "Merry Christmas" or "happy New Year" close to the holidays.......how many thousands of times do you think the poor controller has to hear that.....and he is at work like you are, so it's probably not gonna be a truly great holiday anyways.

I just said "Merry Christmas" yesterday to all my controllers.

This will be a RW 28L departure
I enjoy simple pleasures like butter in my ass and lollipops in my mouth. That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy...Any questions?

Latest resources

Back