• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simple request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For example: I flew with one guy that HAD to add as much to the transmission as possible regardless to how busy the freak was.

<bangs head on desk>

I was paired with that guy this week. Absolutely maddening. "Heyyyyyy Memphis, howyadoin', it's ... uhhhhhh ... [looks around to find call sign] ... yeah... hahaha... sorry, it's XXXXX, checkin' on board with ya at twenty-nine-and-three-quarters for 30."

"Blocked." <because he hit the mic button immediately after switching>

Every check-in. All week long. Arrrrrgh...

I enjoy this one, sparingly,

"roger contact ORD depature and GENERIC HOLIDAY SALUTATION (or GREETING)"

Usually just once or twice for xmas...

Can all you chataqua, skywest, jetlink, mesa, etc goofs flying out of ORD please stop using the term "inbound" when calling from the om? And stating the runway #? Sounds foolish. Ex.- "O'hare tower, chataqua 1234, bugse inbound 1-0"

You think the local may be under the impression you are outbound for the procedure turn? And perhaps he/she forgot which runway bugse was associated with?

Tards

I didn't know an American Eagle F/O had all the answers?

What gives guy? Did someone poop in your Wheaties this morning...I always thought Eagle pilots sounded dumb when they said they work for American.

Ha, how about the old " shooting the approach", what did the poor approach do to you? I like to fly the approach, not shoot it ie "center, w'd like to shoot the approach", versus, " center w'd like to fly the approach", or " request approach":) guess it sounds cooler to shoot it though :), but hey, was never a fan of " with you" neither. Anyways, what an awsome threat!!

Last edited:
Can all you chataqua, skywest, jetlink, mesa, etc goofs flying out of ORD please stop using the term "inbound" when calling from the om? And stating the runway #? Sounds foolish. Ex.- "O'hare tower, chataqua 1234, bugse inbound 1-0"

You think the local may be under the impression you are outbound for the procedure turn? And perhaps he/she forgot which runway bugse was associated with?

Tards

Relax dude, they're probably still excited about being an airline pilot. I'm sure they're not long out of flight school. Don't you remeber those days?

I didn't know an American Eagle F/O had all the answers?

What gives guy? Did someone poop in your Wheaties this morning...I always thought Eagle pilots sounded dumb when they said they work for American.

Yeah or the Skywest pilot that says he works for United, or the Caravan pilot that tells everyone he flys for FedEx. That is annoying, especially when you mother in law is like, "Such and Such flies for Delta and he's only 25, why did it take you so long". Look you stuuupid b*^ch he flys for Delta Express, not Delta.

Yeah or the Skywest pilot that says he works for United, or the Caravan pilot that tells everyone he flys for FedEx. That is annoying, especially when you mother in law is like, "Such and Such flies for Delta and he's only 25, why did it take you so long". Look you stuuupid b*^ch he flys for Delta Express, not Delta.

Might be that so and so gets tired of saying that (s)he flies for SkyWest, and the response is, "Oh, you fly for SouthWest, how nice." So (s)he corrects said person, explaining that, no, it's SkyWest. We feed UAL, DAL, etc. out of smaller markets into hubs like ORD, SFO, DEN, etc. The next comment from the inquisitors mouth is something along the lines of, 'you fly for DAL and UAL? Wow.'

True conversation. Some just get tired of repeatedly correcting someone who has no knowledge of aviation and is going to forget the whole chat in five minutes anyway. I'll keep correcting those people until I'm blue in the face, as I hate leaving an exchange that way. Some just lack patience. :smash:

Latest resources

Back