Simcom C550 SIC Initial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groundpounder

I'm going to Simcom next month for SIC Initial. Has anyone been through this, and what should I expect? I have the Simcom C550 training manual already, I have been going through it as much as I can. Can I do anything else to prepare?

SIMCOM SIC Initial

I did the Hawker 800XP Initial at SimCom in September. I really enjoyed it.

The way we did it was we went thru a different system or two every day the first week, then did the sim the second week.

Relax and enjoy it. The Citation 550 is probably the easiest jet to fly. Just study your systems and numbers. If you've been flying the Citation already, then try to talk your boss into letting you get your PIC type. How long is the citation SIC Initial?

Its 12 days. I have time in the airplane, but Simcom says they won't give types to people unless they have their ATP. I have pretty low time, so I'd rather not bite off more than I can chew.

You can get your type from someone else after simcom. All I did was SIC recurrent from simcom after flying the plane for a month or two... took their books home and studied a little more afterward and took the type ride from a DPE. You doin the training at the Arizona simcom?

I don't know who is telling you that simcom won't give a type without an ATP. I got my LR-Jet type when i had 700 hours. A type isn't hard, just study your systems and the citation is really easy to fly. But anyway, Sic is pretty much the same thing as a type, just no checkride at the end.

I responded to this same thread of yours on .......that other website ;)
I left a regional airline last summer and went thru hawker 800xp sic school at Simcom last summer. I do know that at least then, they would do a type for someone without their ATP. The other 2 guys in my class were doing the pic course and one of them only had 700 hours. There's a lot of limitations on you, but I think you can do it. The systems class is not bad, yours should be a bit easier in the citation. If you're new to a jet and the sim, my advice is learn your memory items and flows and you'll be fine.

Dirtybirdy said:
I responded to this same thread of yours on .......that other website ;)
I left a regional airline last summer and went thru hawker 800xp sic school at Simcom last summer. I do know that at least then, they would do a type for someone without their ATP. The other 2 guys in my class were doing the pic course and one of them only had 700 hours. There's a lot of limitations on you, but I think you can do it. The systems class is not bad, yours should be a bit easier in the citation. If you're new to a jet and the sim, my advice is learn your memory items and flows and you'll be fine.
Ditto. Learn all the memory items (usually highlighted). Also, I would recommend studying the SOP's. It helps, obviously, if you know this stuff as you will be expected to demonstrate it in the sim. Steep turns, stalls, V1 cuts, etc., etc., etc. Good luck at initial......its a breeze. Also, obviously we are all about upgrading and moving on but you have the right attitude. Get familiar with the systems on the airplane, handling characteristics of the real airplane, etc. and just enjoy the airplane.

Good luck Buford T. Justice and watch out for the Texas Bubblegum Machines on your six in the sim! ;)

I went to Flight Safety earlier this month for SIC initial. They're giving out the new SIC type. Just a new way to give the SIC endorsement, plus a new license. Wonder if Simcom is doing that too?

Did any of you guys that went to simcom for Hawker training have Jim Powers as an instructor? I'll be you learned alot about the Falcon 50 in your Hawker class!

Latest resources

Back