• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simcom C550 SIC Initial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did my initial type and ATP for the Dornier at CAE in Dallas. Why can't you get your type/ATP at the same time? It's the same chekride. Just curious...

I did the PIC type in November at ORL. It is a very easy plane to fly. My sim buddy was straight out of a PA-31, had no turbine time at all. he had the ATP written done, so his type ride also gave him his ATP, with one more manuver added I think. Didn't matter at all, I was his SIC for his ride, as he was mine. Memorize the emergency hghlighted items in their checklist, all other stuff you work out with the checklist. Too bad your company will not pay the difference, even with the SIC type ride, you are pretty as much qualified as the PIC.
You will have moments of frustration, but overall you will enjoy it.
I would wish you good luck, but if you have come this far,, you won't need it. :)

Hung

I'm sitting here wondering how on earth some of you guys got jobs (and the type ratings) with under 1000 hours. I'm not knocking you guys or anything - just really envyous. I have about 1200 TT, 110 Multi. Am looking to see if I can get any kind of position as an SIC in a small corp jet. But it's just not happening. Am in Central Florida, not sure it's the best place - or is it?? Any leads would be appreciated.

ManChild said:
They're giving out the new SIC type. Just a new way to give the SIC endorsement, plus a new license.

There is no such thing as a Second in Command type rating. Either you are type rated in the aircraft and have authorization to act as Pilot in Command, or you are qualified to fly in the right seat and act as Second in Command.

If you have a type rating in an aircraft your automatically signed off to act as SIC in such aircraft.

wolfpackpilot said:
There is no such thing as a Second in Command type rating. Either you are type rated in the aircraft and have authorization to act as Pilot in Command, or you are qualified to fly in the right seat and act as Second in Command.

If you have a type rating in an aircraft your automatically signed off to act as SIC in such aircraft.

You sure about that?

From THIS FAA document, you will see references to....

14CFR Part 61.5(b)(7)(iv)

and

14CFR Part 61.55(a)(3), (d) and (e)

Don't be so quick to jump on somebody next time.

Fracapt is correct. Happened a year or so ago. If you are flying a jet you need to be rated, PIC or SIC. PIC will satisfy either seat, SIC, well, you can't be PIC!
No more sit and smile. :)

Smash312 said:
I'm sitting here wondering how on earth some of you guys got jobs (and the type ratings) with under 1000 hours. I'm not knocking you guys or anything - just really envyous. I have about 1200 TT, 110 Multi. Am looking to see if I can get any kind of position as an SIC in a small corp jet. But it's just not happening. Am in Central Florida, not sure it's the best place - or is it?? Any leads would be appreciated.

I got my job by being at the right place at the right time and knowing the right people. Also, I worked for 10+ years in line service.

And I bet having a positive attitude didn't hurt you one bit!! :)

I'm the only one allowed to be grumpy, I sure as hell wouldn't hire someone that was negative.

Groundpounder said:
Its 12 days. I have time in the airplane, but Simcom says they won't give types to people unless they have their ATP. I have pretty low time, so I'd rather not bite off more than I can chew.

you can get your type without ATP - I did my initial ATP and type at simcom 5 years ago - my partner did a type on his commercial certificate

Dirtybirdy said:
Also, the big difference betwen the SIC and PIC course. one less sim session (the checkride) and no oral

at Simcom SICs still do oral and checkride, just a different checkride - one more single engine approach I think -- do the type dude

Latest resources

Back