Simcom C550 SIC Initial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyMeSWA said:
You can fail SIC if you're doing an SIC Type. Its an FAA ride.

I was told before I took it that I couldn't fail. I'm not sure if they were lying to me or something has changed since I was there. Not that it really mattered, I did pretty well.

Anyway, good luck

GE is a good dude, real as they come. Did at lot of the old radial thing, with a whole bunch of them hanging out there. If he says you're good to go, you're all set.
Tell him the guy in Miami with the T-28 says hi.

By the way, I like 2 teams in Baseball, the Red Sox, and ANYBODY that beats the GD Yankees.

Hung

The SIC type is nothing but a paperwork exercise. There is NO checkride directly associated with the SIC type. That said, for the 121 and 135 guys your SIC check under those regs qualifies you for the SIC type. Whoever gave you your checride for 121 or 135 (POI, APD, whatever) can issue your temporary certificate at the completion of the test. For the 91 guys simply complete required training under 61.55 and have the instructor sign the 8710, take it to the FSDO, turn in old certificate and receive temp. with new SIC only type. No checkride needed. Personally I think it's a joke... The FAA should have just required both pilots be PIC typed but what do I know....

Latest resources

Back