• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I leave Allegiant for Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of failing, might not be teh time to go to Frontier. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=2505910#post2505910

Let me ask Pilotyip are around F9 day to day operations? What is really good about these forums is a lot of pilots talking about speculation and what ifs. I am pretty sure since I am around F9 that we are not failing. If your mind wants to believe it then more power to you.
I love guys like you knowing a lot about F9, Sunday Quarterbacking!

Is the airline in transition and somewhat dysfunctional? Yes! But is surely does not mean we are failing at all!

Has your airline ever been dysfunctional? I think I know the question to that one.

Let me ask Pilotyip are around F9 day to day operations? What is really good about these forums is a lot of pilots talking about speculation and what ifs. I am pretty sure since I am around F9 that we are not failing. If your mind wants to believe it then more power to you.
I love guys like you knowing a lot about F9, Sunday Quarterbacking!

Is the airline in transition and somewhat dysfunctional? Yes! But is surely does not mean we are failing at all!

Has your airline ever been dysfunctional? I think I know the question to that one.
Not my intent at all, just showing that there is another thread on F9 that someone who is think of leaving an airline for F9 should look at. Fits into the grass is greener syndrome. Like a guy in my reserve unit who left FedEx in 1978 for Braniff, or another buddy who left DAL for Pam Am in 1968 or left SWA in 2000 for the dream job at AAL.

Were you the one that used to work for Gulfstream?

Are you the one that currently works at Allegiant? I believe that has quite a bit more relevance. Besides, can you explain this?

From Allegiant @ airlinepilotcentral:

(Above pay is adjusted twice per year, part of 4-tier pay scale. Pay increases or decreases depending on the profitability of the company)

You get a pay cut if the company loses money ? You're kidding right?

Last edited:
Uhhhhhh, say what? Most profitable airline in "the entire World in 2013???"

Here is a synopsis of 2013 for Allegiant:

"Allegiant Travel Co, parent company of ultra-low cost carrier (ULCC) Allegiant Air, announced a fourth quarter 2013 net profit of $17.5 million, or 94 cents per diluted share on Wednesday. The Las Vegas based carrier also announced a 2013 annual net profit of $91.8 million, or $4.82 per diluted share. An increase in fares combined with decreases in fuel and maintenance costs were largely responsible for the 17% year-over-year (YOY) increase in profits over 2012."

The big 3 make three times that ($92 mil) PER MONTH, and DL and UA give profit sharing too.

My advice is to get some time at Allegiant and then apply to a legacy. Each has 5,000 plus retirements over the next decade, the contracts are getting better, and they treat you with more respect compared to your management. Move on to a carrier that will have upward movement and pays better with a variety of flying to boot. And one that doesn't give you $1 an hour per diem. Seriously??? $1 an hour? Come on now! Sheesh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Seriously? Profit by definition is the difference between income and expense if that number happens to be positive. What you are referring to is INCOME, not profit. Allegiant was the most PROFITABLE airline in the world in 2013.

In 2014 we dropped to #3 behind only Copa and Spirit. Here's the proof.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/...ong-the-worlds-most-profitable-airlines.html/

Last edited:
Seriously? Profit by definition is the difference between income and expense if that number happens to be positive. What you are referring to is INCOME, not profit. Allegiant was the most PROFITABLE airline in the world in 2013.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/...ong-the-worlds-most-profitable-airlines.html/

Part of that profit rest assured was made on your back. I mean 153 top pay for all AC is bad..really bad. Good luck to you if you strike.

Wow, that's fantastic Jim Cramer.... They still treat their people like poop. Why anyone goes there is beyond me, unless they live in Sanford or Vegas.... And seriously, if they paid their people a competitive wage, they wouldn't be the most PROFITABLE airline in THE WORLD, and that's just sad. What's worse is that you've bought into their bad treatment as being something acceptable. That sux!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Part of that profit rest assured was made on your back. I mean 153 top pay for all AC is bad..really bad. Good luck to you if you strike.

This fact is definitely not lost on me. We are working hard to change this. Unfortunately we didn't have all the hard work of obtaining a first contract completed by previous generations, so it's going to take some time and a lot of effort from each of us.

Latest resources

Back