• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I leave Allegiant for Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spirit will buy Frontier , Then, you will be better...Good luck in Your final decision...
Yea and FedEx will be buying JUS. Any decsion based upon what is going to happen in the future is wishful thinking.

I have been invited to interview with Frontier. If I am offered a job, I will seriously consider it, due to the current state of affairs at my current employer. I already have done research in this forum, and other forums about Frontier(pay, future plans and so forth). I welcome any input that can be offered in support, or against it. Thank you in advance!

First of all you do not give us enough info. How long have you been at Allegiant for starters?

Do you commute or do you live in base? Where do you live and where would you like to end up? East coast,West coast Denver?
Is Allegiant a company you can stay with the rest of your career? Or is it a stepping stone for the 3 majors?

I work at F9 and have no desire to go anywhere else because of my circumstances(Captain, Older). I am very close to being on the back side of the power curve if I jumped ship.

Now for companies. If you were going to be stuck at one of them for some unfortunate reason(war in Middle East etc.) then my gut is telling me hands down F9. Again, without all of the other pertinent info. hard to tell you what to do.

Hello Bolo, I have been with G4 for the last seven years. I am a Bus captain and live in base. However, all of that considered, my main motivation to jump ship, like I stated when I started the discussion, is the operational problems, the maintenance issues, the scheduling issues, and a possible strike looming in the horizon. I have also considered Spirit, but no word from them yet. I don't know at this point if I want to go to a major(although I got about 21 years before retirement). Might sound like a difficult decision but I much rather make the sacrifice and lose seniority and the perk of living in base, rather than witnessing the self destruction of my current company.

Hello Bolo, I have been with G4 for the last seven years. I am a Bus captain and live in base. However, all of that considered, my main motivation to jump ship, like I stated when I started the discussion, is the operational problems, the maintenance issues, the scheduling issues, and a possible strike looming in the horizon. I have also considered Spirit, but no word from them yet. I don't know at this point if I want to go to a major(although I got about 21 years before retirement). Might sound like a difficult decision but I much rather make the sacrifice and lose seniority and the perk of living in base, rather than witnessing the self destruction of my current company.
as per before you will know in ten years if you made the right choice no matter what choice you make,.

Now I have a better picture. This is a real hard one. If I were in your shoes, I would not leave G4 for any of these airlines(Frontier,Spirit,Jetblue, Virgin). You are kind of there now but on a lower level and I get your concerns but I would hold out only for the 3 majors and that is it. Ride the wave with G4, and start trying to work your angles with your buddies at these airlines. Now if you were an FO I say jump ship ASAP!
If you want to discuss F9 further, PM me your contact info. and I will be happy to talk to you.
Best of Luck!
BOLO

as per before you will know in ten years if you made the right choice no matter what choice you make,.

5,000 retirements at each of the legacies means better choices are out there. Consolidation has created 4 large carriers (3 legacies), and lower oil will only increase wages, while those huge retirements can only help with upward movement and better QOL. There are also certain LCCs that seem to have a good strategy, like Spirit, JB, and Frontier. If they have a good strategy now, they will either grow on their own, or merge into a larger LCC.

Your advice seems to leave everything to chance, while not considering common sense.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
5,000 retirements at each of the legacies means better choices are out there. Consolidation has created 4 large carriers (3 legacies), and lower oil will only increase wages, while those huge retirements can only help with upward movement and better QOL. There are also certain LCCs that seem to have a good strategy, like Spirit, JB, and Frontier. If they have a good strategy now, they will either grow on their own, or merge into a larger LCC.

Your advice seems to leave everything to chance, while not considering common sense.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey General, looks like we will be flying to Atlanta soon. Why don't you tell Anderson to either buy us or hire all our pilots to teach that uppity Gallagher a lesson?

Wow and you want to leave all that for frontier? Things must be bad there!!!!

Latest resources

Back