• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I leave Allegiant for Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get out of Allegiant. Scumbag outfit. You deserve better pay.
Exactly. Why would anyone want to stay at Allegiant?

I know a bunch of their current and former pilots. The only ones who stay or want to stay are those that for one reason or another are unemployable elsewhere.

Hello Bolo, I have been with G4 for the last seven years. I am a Bus captain and live in base. However, all of that considered, my main motivation to jump ship, like I stated when I started the discussion, is the operational problems, the maintenance issues, the scheduling issues, and a possible strike looming in the horizon. I have also considered Spirit, but no word from them yet. I don't know at this point if I want to go to a major(although I got about 21 years before retirement). Might sound like a difficult decision but I much rather make the sacrifice and lose seniority and the perk of living in base, rather than witnessing the self destruction of my current company.

21 years at Delta will be 1.8 million dollar retirement
I don't get your thinking

Hey General, looks like we will be flying to Atlanta soon. Why don't you tell Anderson to either buy us or hire all our pilots to teach that uppity Gallagher a lesson?

That would be fantastic. I keep hoping that one day they will discover that there are several hundred qualified willing pilots flying equivalent aircraft that would love to work there.

Last edited:
21 years at Delta will be 1.8 million dollar retirement
I don't get your thinking

It would be great to get 21 years at Delta. Unfortunately we don't seem to attract the attention of Delta. We have had pilots leave for Alaska, SWA, United, US Air/American and Spirit. No one, not one person, has received a call from Delta. We have pilots with MD80 and A320 PIC time, college degrees, letters from current and past pilots, legacy applicants, and past Delta employees. Nothing so far seems to work, so understandably people are starting to look to make a lateral move, just to get out of here.

Last edited:
Hello Bolo, I have been with G4 for the last seven years. I am a Bus captain and live in base. However, all of that considered, my main motivation to jump ship, like I stated when I started the discussion, is the operational problems, the maintenance issues, the scheduling issues, and a possible strike looming in the horizon. I have also considered Spirit, but no word from them yet. I don't know at this point if I want to go to a major(although I got about 21 years before retirement). Might sound like a difficult decision but I much rather make the sacrifice and lose seniority and the perk of living in base, rather than witnessing the self destruction of my current company.

I am with you. Fortunately in it's own ironic way, the low pay and crap work rules here make it no big loss to make a lateral move to a Frontier or Spirit. Even with 7 years in. It may seem strange to an outsider but it makes perfect sense to someone who has been here a while.

No one in the management here is interested in making this a place a career airline. Nothing over the last few years has gotten better. It only gets worse. Every other airline is making improvements and we in essence are taking concessions. I can't wait until the day my phone rings.

I am with you. Fortunately in it's own ironic way, the low pay and crap work rules here make it no big loss to make a lateral move to a Frontier or Spirit. Even with 7 years in. It may seem strange to an outsider but it makes perfect sense to someone who has been here a while.

No one in the management here is interested in making this a place a career airline. Nothing over the last few years has gotten better. It only gets worse. Every other airline is making improvements and we in essence are taking concessions. I can't wait until the day my phone rings.

Someday MG is gonna want to cash out and go away. And it wont be by just selling his stock. He will either buy someone, or be bought, and take the big payout that goes with it. That's what mergers are about. Its not about the consumer or work groups. So with all these Airbuses being brought online, its gonna make it palatable to someone outside of Allegiant at some point. And then everything will change. For better or worse is the question. Just keep that in mind.

I remember guys bailing from Spirit in droves in the late 90's because it was a dead end job. Then a new owner came along, $7 fares, seat that don't recline and baggage fees and wam, a growing airline with 3 year upgrades.

I remember guys bailing from Spirit in droves in the late 90's because it was a dead end job. Then a new owner came along, $7 fares, seat that don't recline and baggage fees and wam, a growing airline with 3 year upgrades.

It is all a gamble, that's for sure. Someone probably left Spirit in the 90's for Southwest and is in good shape now. Someone probably left for Skybus and is in bad shape now. It is all a risk. You could leave here for Frontier and wind up stapled below your current FO's in some crazy merger, or maybe everyone here would wind up stapled below you. You just never know. For some people it is worth the gamble. I don't think anyone here could go wrong with any of the big 3 though.

Boo-Hoo ... A strike

Quit Boo-Hooing over a possible strike.

Why don't you man up and help the cause ?

Get on a committee, educate the masses on our position and our strengths.

I am watching pilots leave this place (G4) for Spirit where the brave men and women already took a stand to carve out some benefits for themselves.

There is no reason why we can't leap frog Spirit's first contract considering our financial health , attrition, and the economy.

Pick up the phone, call the Teamsters and ask " What can I do.?"

Don't make any big changes until after we know about the strike. This could turn out to be a good place. Allegiant was the most profitable airline in the entire world in 2013, #2 in 2012, behind only Copa. Management has a lot to lose with a strike.
I know a former Allegiant captain who took recall to American Airlines after 9 years here. He wishes he never left. The grass isn't always greener. Give it a little time to see if the Teamsters can get the job done before jumping ship unless you get offered a dream job.

Latest resources

Back