Should I leave Allegiant for Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptElmo

I have been invited to interview with Frontier. If I am offered a job, I will seriously consider it, due to the current state of affairs at my current employer. I already have done research in this forum, and other forums about Frontier(pay, future plans and so forth). I welcome any input that can be offered in support, or against it. Thank you in advance!

You will know in 10 years if you made the right choice no matter what choice you make. Here is the way to solve the decision process, put both airline names on a pieces of paper, wad them up and throw both pieces of paper down a stair case, the one that goes the farthest is the one you should chose.

You will know in 10 years if you made the right choice no matter what choice you make. Here is the way to solve the decision process, put both airline names on a pieces of paper, wad them up and throw both pieces of paper down a stair case, the one that goes the farthest is the one you should chose.

The problem is that the Allegiant paper wad will have a mechanical and most likely fall sideways through the railing bars. Go to Frontier.

The problem is that the Allegiant paper wad will have a mechanical and most likely fall sideways through the railing bars. Go to Frontier.
yep just like all the guys who bailed from FedEx for Brannif in 1978, all the guys who bailed from SWA for the dream job at DAL in 2000, and the Jet Blue guys who bailed for ATA in 2002

yep just like all the guys who bailed from FedEx for Brannif in 1978, all the guys who bailed from SWA for the dream job at DAL in 2000, and the Jet Blue guys who bailed for ATA in 2002

The difference in your example is that the management team at FedEx, SWA, and JetBlue were interested in making their companies long-term players providing a good quality product, not the flash-in-the-pan mentality that we see here from smug multi-millionaires who put themselves and shareholders above all else (especially safety). Apples and oranges.

Easy answer

Do you live in and plan to live in an Allegiant base long term: Then no
Do you live in a F9 base or plan to move to a F9 base: Then yes
Do you commute to either of the airlines bases and will long term: then who do you think will keep putting $$$ in your bank account the longest with the most time at home..

For every job. How can I spend the most time at home while making the most amount of $$$ for as long as possible. Answer that question for yourself and you will find your answer.

I was flying with a guy the other night and he was telling me a story about when he was furloughed. He had received a call from the Assistant Chief Pilot asking if he would accept recall if he were called back. He had already taken another position with another outfit and was in the left seat making decent money. He ask the Assistant Chief what the future plans for the airline was because he didn't want to leave his current position just to be furloughed again. The Assistant Chief said the future looked bright but "no matter what you decided you will probably be making the wrong choice".

That's just aviation.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back