• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shortest Updgrade Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its hard to predict upgrade times. When I started at Eagle it was 18 months, now its 5 years. I think the same goes for Comair and Wisky. Hired on today, and you are looking at atleast 4-6 years. Attrition is running to low at the big regoinals these days.

Guitar Guy, I don't fly for NetJets. I just read alot of negative stuff about them posted by their pilots on the fractional side of this website. I've flown for a 121 carrier and it's the lowest of low jobs out there as far as working environment goes. It's definately a step up going to a fractional, however, the money you're talking about at Lakes is not much different than the salary at NetJets. Congrats on your new position!

Mesa: 3 yrs 10 mos

If... when Airways tanks it will be a lot like Eagle. Also, Mesa is a very bad company, stay away, stay very far away....

Dude, Chautauqua!!! Current upgrade classes are full of guys/gals with 18 months with the company!! We are not talking b1900 here either. E145/170 and beyond. Even if Airways tanks, we are sitting OK (look for the 18 months to slow a little) but we are "rumored" to be getting yet another codeshare in 2005 and this is a really nice place to work. Lots of bases with a nice mix of day trips up to 4 day trips. Sleep at home or don't! Good luck and hope to see you on the November senority list!

Guitar Guy said:
Lakes is averaging the loss of 1 pilot PER DAY this month. Even though the seniority list has a lot of captains on it, every day, people are interviewing and putting in their resignation. And a lot of F/O's are moving on, too. .
Are things THAT bad at Lakes? Isn't the prospect of maybe a short upgrade time down the road enough to keep F/Os on?

Skip the regionals and to Ameriflight.Six months you will be sitting left seat of the B-99.It only gets better from there you will be flying the metro and B-1900.

psysicx said:
Skip the regionals and to Ameriflight.Six months you will be sitting left seat of the B-99.It only gets better from there you will be flying the metro and B-1900.
True story. A former student of mine (you know who you are ;) ) asked me for advice about whether to go to SkyWest or go to Ameriflite. I told him to go to Ameriflite, which was a sure thing at the time, then decide about SkyWest after he was hired there. Well, he was soon hired at SkyWest but placed into a pool for a Brazilia class. He was finally called for a class a few weeks ago, I think in a CRJ, at the same time he was slated to go to BE99 upgrade training. He bypassed SKyWest and is now a BE99 captain, gaining PIC turbine time.

So, SIC 121 in a jet for 19k, or PIC 135 in a turboprop for 35K? I think he made the right choice.

Oh baby once a LAKER always a LAKER Voss is still running the show huh? Boy do I miss BIS DEN FSD DEN BIS in the ol EMB-120 those mornings in BIS at -40 wind chills NOT or lan ord lan ord lan ord lan do that all day forget jepps we had it memorized.

Well right now Skyway has upgrades going through that started 7 months ago. Kinda scary. So that sounds like one of the quickest upgrades. However if Delta takes a crap, we'll have the fastest furlough around.

Humphreybogart said:
Guitar Guy, I don't fly for NetJets. I just read alot of negative stuff about them posted by their pilots on the fractional side of this website. I've flown for a 121 carrier and it's the lowest of low jobs out there as far as working environment goes. It's definately a step up going to a fractional, however, the money you're talking about at Lakes is not much different than the salary at NetJets. Congrats on your new position!
Just FYI, a friend and former co-worker of mine fromLakes that got on with NJA in June/July is now on captain pay there. He is making noticably more than any line captain at Lakes and he's not even been at NJA for 6 months and he's a right-seater.

Latest resources

Back