• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shortest Updgrade Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great Lakes Airlines at times can have a very short upgrade. 3-5 months when we're short handed. Other times you have to wait a year +.

Tooslow said:
Will you break 25,000 as a Capatain at Great Lakes?
Yes you will... but not by much. Get up around 3-4 years seniority in the left seat and you're probably looking around $28K or so. At least that's what I think I'm pulling now. Most of our schedules seem to be pulling in just over 80 hours per month, so that adds a paltry few hours above the base minimum of 75.

As for the Upgrade time, I think it will pick up some. Lakes is averaging the loss of 1 pilot PER DAY this month. Even though the seniority list has a lot of captains on it, every day, people are interviewing and putting in their resignation. And a lot of F/O's are moving on, too. What is really funny about this is that Voss apparently just figured out that pilots are leaving. His previous position had been that no one was hiring, therefore he didn't need a new-hire class in October. Now they're scrambling to cover flights.

Sure am glad I'm leaving... very soon.

paulsalem said:
Not looking to be there more than 2 years.

Not planning on going to a major.
Where you planning on going to then, Scooby?

Think about it. You have (as listed) 365 hours - you aren't anywhere near competitive for any of the growing regionals (then again, neither am I). If you got hired on at ANY regional today, I seriously doubt your upgrade would be less than 2.5 years. Even at Corpex you'd probably be a year to 18 months to upgrade.

In all seriousness, I do wish you luck in whatever route you take, but by the time you meet hiring minimums upgrade times WILL have changed. Many times over.

Where have the Lakers gone?

We've seen a lot of people, mostly F/O's but a few lower-time captains, go to SkyWest. A few more senior captains have gone to Pinnacle. This past winter/spring, we had a few guys go to Frontier (though that may have stopped with the jet/glass requirement supposedly being back). We lost one guy to AirTran. Several F/O's have also gone to Air Wis, a few to Commutair, one to Skyways and one to Horizon. A few captains also left for ATA around the beginning of the year. Oh, and a few captains have gone to America West. Lately, though, a lot of us Lakers are leaving for NetJets.

So overall, there have been a lot of opportunities depending on what one desires for his or her career.

Going to NetJets? Good Luck. You'd probably make more $$$ staying at Lakes. Alot of unhappy people at NutJets right now. Poor moral too. You should try CitationShares, upgrade in less than a year. Great $$$. Tough to get hired by them though. However, they are the "cream of the crop"!

Humphreybogart said:
Going to NetJets? Good Luck. You'd probably make more $$$ staying at Lakes. Alot of unhappy people at NutJets right now. Poor moral too. You should try CitationShares, upgrade in less than a year. Great $$$. Tough to get hired by them though. However, they are the "cream of the crop"!
Do you fly for NetJets? If so, how long and what plane are you on?

As for making LESS cash at NetJets than Lakes, I'm not certain that's possible!

Latest resources

Back