• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sheble Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That I haven't seen and can't support based on personal observations, but Travelairs filthy with leaking oil an missing on both engines as they depart, I have, and the owner himself told me he advises new pilots to falsify their logs in order to get hired.

My first hand knowledge was working there a few years ago. I never had a problem with their airplanes that couldn't happen to anyone with a fleet of planes from the mid 50's on. The travelair was a pleasure to fly, and I trusted them. I was not once hassled when I found a student short on time and had to fly them more to meet requirments or standards. If there was a codeword for the F.A.A. I never got the memo, as I was ramped a couple of times, no big deal. Avbug, you've stated your opinion numerous times and made it very clear, I'm just throwing out another perspective.

My first hand knowledge was working there a few years ago. I never had a problem with their airplanes that couldn't happen to anyone with a fleet of planes from the mid 50's on. The travelair was a pleasure to fly, and I trusted them. I was not once hassled when I found a student short on time and had to fly them more to meet requirments or standards. If there was a codeword for the F.A.A. I never got the memo, as I was ramped a couple of times, no big deal. Avbug, you've stated your opinion numerous times and made it very clear, I'm just throwing out another perspective.

I instructed there as well and will agree with the above statement. I was ramped a few times with no problems. I sent many students on observed fed rides in those old Travelairs after training the guy to fly it for 2 only days. NO BIG DEAL! If somebody needed more time prior to their checkride, they received it.

At Shebles there are 3 kinds of information (as stated by Fast Eddie)
1. ******************** you need to know
2. ******************** that’s nice to know
3. And, who gives a ********************

There is no BS at Shebles, they like to stick with the first kind of information as stated above. The training methodology there works. Its maneuver after maneuver, scenario after scenario taught in a building block fashion. I will admit is not for everybody, but for the person who has half a brain and is willing to learn fast, it is the best thing out there. I wish I would have trained at Shebles.

Last edited:
I instructed there as well and will agree with the above statement. I was ramped a few times with no problems. I sent many students on observed fed rides in those old Travelairs after training the guy to fly it for 2 only days. NO BIG DEAL! If somebody needed more time prior to their checkride, they received it.

At Shebles there are 3 kinds of information (as stated by Fast Eddie)
1. ******************** you need to know
2. ******************** that’s nice to know
3. And, who gives a ********************

There is no BS at Shebles, they like to stick with the first kind of information as stated above. The training methodology there works. Its maneuver after maneuver, scenario after scenario taught in a building block fashion. I will admit is not for everybody, but for the person who has half a brain and is willing to learn fast, it is the best thing out there. I wish I would have trained at Shebles.

Las Vegas Approach: "Sheble 2, I thought I told you not to come back into the Vegas class Bravo until that transponder was fixed!"

Sheble 2: " Uhhhh, I thought it was fixed, it just came out of maintenance".:smash:

Last edited:
Las Vegas Approach: "Sheble 2, I thought I told you not to come back into the Vegas class Bravo until that transponder was fixed!"

Sheble 2: " Uhhhh, I thought it was fixed, it just came out of maintenance".:smash:

Call sign Sheble when with ATC??? News to me unless on with IFP or HND tower!

Latest resources

Back