Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
Best bang for you buck! If you want to get done quickly and for the right price. is this the place? any thoughts?

I agree!!

Sheble's is a certificate mill that spends the minimum amount for maintenance on aircraft of nearly any isntruction operation in the area. Pay your money, buy your certificate.

I've personally heard Sheble himself advising examinees to falsify their logbooks, in order to gain employment.

Very little respect for the man, or the operation.

The old man telling people to lie? Say it isn't so. "Fly what you can, log what you need"

I can't believe it *eyeroll*

Sheble's is a certificate mill that spends the minimum amount for maintenance on aircraft of nearly any isntruction operation in the area. Pay your money, buy your certificate.

I've personally heard Sheble himself advising examinees to falsify their logbooks, in order to gain employment.

Very little respect for the man, or the operation.

But when nobody else would sign you off for a checkride, they were good enough???

Last edited:
But when nobody else would sign you off for a checkride, they were good enough???

Cute. Never had a problem with a checkride, proficiency ride, screening flight, flight test, or any recommendation.

Sheble's, however, has never been good enough. They're a certificate mill. Go pay them the money, get your certificate.

So, whats you point???????

Are you one of the millions of people out there that got suckered into the fancy "Flying" magazine ads out there? Hey, I am guilty of it too... If I could do it all over, I would go there and save $25,000! There is no denying the level of knowedge that you walk out with is low but as long as you have the motivation to buy and read the books on your own, your golden! People get jobs out of there just as much as anywhere else! I have never heard someone ask in an interview, what school did you do your training at? :uzi:

Go to Prairie Air Service. Real school, great instructors, right price. One of the best out there.

There is no denying the level of knowedge that you walk out with is low but as long as you have the motivation to buy and read the books on your own, your golden!

You are probably one of those people who do have the personal integrity and self-motivation to learn what you need to be successful - and safe.

I used to think that anyone in aviation would be like that. I mean, how stupid is it to only want to get the minimum knowledge to get by in an airplane in an environment where anything you can imagine can - and will - happen.

But, you know what? After a lifetime of instructing, I have come across too many people trying to learn only a minimum amount to 'get their ticket', that I now know that these kinds of schools promote the low level of pilot knowledge and skill that we are suffering today.

Self-motivated, self-disciplined people with ethics and integrity do just fine with minimul basic training - they see what they need to know and do, and they do it. And that is the way that the regulations are written - to people who can also use common sense and see the purpose and reason behind the reg and go with that. Not try to find 'loopholes' in the reg and short-cut something that may cause a decrease in knowledge or skill.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back