• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority has everything to do with longevity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your jobs at the time of merger were going away, because you bases bring no value to the airline. Low yield markets and low yield jobs. We saw this coming.
Thats why we were never going to allow a Nic award to see the day.

M

Not quite....these jobs were not going away until the carrier with the highest costs in the industry, fresh out of BK #2, contaminated the west with usair cancer. Once that malignancy had taken over, I would say these jobs were indeed going away, and will continue to go away, now that unit costs are 2 1/2 times what they were at America West.

I agree with the second part of your post and in fact believe that the inevitabillity of losing the west again was integral to the usair pilots' strategy. While the foolishly optimistic west pilots (unlike the east who were conditioned by 15 years of misery) were initially upbeat about the combined airlines' prospects the east knew better; they knew what happens to anything that touches usair and embarked on a, so far, wildly successful strategy of delaying at all costs the integration of the two carriers.

Face it. The east won.

Last edited:
becket, I am glad your BP is good.

Good luck

M

AWA would be gone by now without USAIR.

Actually, I think most other airlines CEO's were expecting USAir to fold, AWA, with financial backing, managed to keep you alive.

Trying to rewrite history to make you feel better about the krap you are spouting?

What jobs? The ones the West are losing. Your jobs are are like fake money. Worthless.
AWA would be gone by now without USAIR. Your unemloyed pilots have no right to our flying. Min. Fleet and min. Block hours. Thats what we brought and that is what our pilots get. You have no right to displace our pilots with your lousy job. LAS and PHX is what you get.

Your jobs at the time of merger were going away, because you bases bring no value to the airline. Low yield markets and low yield jobs. We saw this coming.
Thats why we were never going to allow a Nic award to see the day. It does not protect our jobs.

M

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA! Now I know just how clueless you really are. US Air would have been long liquadated before AWA even made it into bankruptcy. I'm begining to understand why you guys think you deserve everything under the sun, you're out of touch with reality. You guys really thought an impartial arbitrator was going to give you DOH, didn't you. BWAAAAHHAAAAAAAHAAAA!

What jobs? The ones the West are losing. Your jobs are are like fake money. Worthless.
AWA would be gone by now without USAIR. Your unemloyed pilots have no right to our flying.
STOP THE PRESS!
What flying are you referring to MCDUSH?
You claim right here not to even be a US Airways pilot:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=848465#post848465

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=848322#post848322

Then of course here you claim to be a United pilot!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1224345#post1224345

Min. Fleet and min. Block hours. Thats what we brought and that is what our pilots get. You have no right to displace our pilots with your lousy job. LAS and PHX is what you get.
What WE doosh bag? You are NOT A US AIRWAYS PILOT! YOU SAID SO YOURSELF!

Thats why we were never going to allow a Nic award to see the day. It does not protect our jobs.

M
Its very funny when you talk of low yeild jobs. Last time I checked US Airways were the lowest paid pilots in the industry! LOWER than those dreaded AWA pilots.

MCDU- A PFT kinda guy who's just one airline strike away from his next job!

AWA would be gone by now without USAIR. Your unemloyed pilots have no right to our flying.
STOP THE PRESS!
What flying are you referring to MCDUSH?
You claim right here not to even be a US Airways pilot:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=848465#post848465

Then of course here you claim to be a United pilot!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1224345#post1224345

Min. Fleet and min. Block hours. Thats what we brought and that is what our pilots get. You have no right to displace our pilots with your lousy job. LAS and PHX is what you get.
What WE doosh bag? You are NOT A US AIRWAYS PILOT! YOU SAID SO YOURSELF!

M
Its very funny when you talk of low yeild jobs. Last time I checked US Airways were the lowest paid pilots in the industry! LOWER than those dreaded AWA pilots.

MCDU- A PFT kinda guy who's just one airline strike away from his next job!

I was at usair in 2004 and guys (including me) were taking their flight bags home with them after trips because the place could shut down any day. I don't remember anyone doing this when I got to AWA.

MK82 -

not to re-hash, but there are seperate contracts under which "two pilot groups" operate (and of course I do not want to see anybody EAST or WEST on the street).

ON a different issue, but same path - why is it OK that a 12 year Captain at the WEST, makes more than a 12 year Captain at the EAST - based on your thinking - I would assume that you feel that is legally wrong also?? And please don't take the question as an attack on your view.

Metrojet

Because when everyone sat down to negotiate the TA Agreement, Parker said right from the start that this Agreement would not include any discussions on new payrates except for the recently ordered EM190s ,and that the existing rates for both east and west would remain in effect until a new joint contract was hammered out in joint contract negotiations (the negotiations you guys walked away from when the Nicolau list came out,remember? :rolleyes: ) That your Negotiating Committee agreed to those terms and conditions without so much as a whimper and that your pilot group didn't make a stink about it like you always do when things don't go your way simply defies logic. Ergo, the difference in payrates. You asked is it "OK that a 12 year Capt in the west makes more than a 12 year Capt in the east ?" I guess not. But like your new boss Parker is so found of telling us out here "You get what you negotiate" Nobody's just going to give it to you.

PHXFLYR:cool:

This is such a BS discussion...DOH does not work in every merger...in my opinion the EAST guys are all about DOH because it benefits THEM, but I think many if not most outsiders looking in would consider the terms of the arbitration quite fair. It is very unfortunate that US Air was a very bad career choice to make and I am very sorry for all of you but it happened so get over it.

I think that any merger agreement should keep in there same spot after the agreement as they were before the agreement...no gains or losses for anybody ideally. Which is what seems to have more or less happened here.

Should someone lose there Captain seat just because there was a merger...hell no...should someone get there job back at the expense of another just because there was a merger...hell no. Should someone get furloughed after working at a growing company just because there company bought another company...absolutely not.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back