Seniority has everything to do with longevity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DOH does not apply to mergers?
Most mergers have always been DOH and about every regional has merged based on DOH. BEX and Eagle, Piedmont and Allegheny, Air Wisconsin and MAX. The list goes on. All mergers with DOH work out. PSA US AIR, US AIR Piedmont, Republic and NWA etc. DOH mergers with conditions and protections far outway this crazy concept of relative seniority. Delta now even wants to take it a step further and use size of planes to further dilute your seniority. Alpa merger policy is a disaster. Kind of like when ALPA carriers started allowing jets to be outsourced. ALPA and many pilots do not see the big picture. Its all about me and how I can leapfrog my fellow Union pilot.

M

DOH does not apply to mergers?
Most mergers have always been DOH and about every regional has merged based on DOH. BEX and Eagle, Piedmont and Allegheny, Air Wisconsin and MAX. The list goes on. All mergers with DOH work out. PSA US AIR, US AIR Piedmont, Republic and NWA etc. DOH mergers with conditions and protections far outway this crazy concept of relative seniority. Delta now even wants to take it a step further and use size of planes to further dilute your seniority. Alpa merger policy is a disaster. Kind of like when ALPA carriers started allowing jets to be outsourced. ALPA and many pilots do not see the big picture. Its all about me and how I can leapfrog my fellow Union pilot.

M

You got that right MCDOOSSSHH

It's all about unemployed pilots jumping ahead of pilots that brought a job the the merger. You are smarter than I though.

What jobs? The ones the West are losing. Your jobs are are like fake money. Worthless.
AWA would be gone by now without USAIR. Your unemloyed pilots have no right to our flying. Min. Fleet and min. Block hours. Thats what we brought and that is what our pilots get. You have no right to displace our pilots with your lousy job. LAS and PHX is what you get.

Your jobs at the time of merger were going away, because you bases bring no value to the airline. Low yield markets and low yield jobs. We saw this coming.
Thats why we were never going to allow a Nic award to see the day. It does not protect our jobs.

M

Spin and propaganda from the East. Sure hope you gave that detailed Law Encyclopedia definition to your East MEC when they argued the East position in front of the arbitrator in the Fall of 2007. Mmmm, let's see, that's already decided. Who cares how you feel as an individual – the agreed to “binding arbitration” is over. See you in court. Out West, Integrity matters.

Here's a closing thought for you. Legal Briefs were filed in North Carolina this week and USAPA is arguing to have the injunction preventing the West furloughs thrown out of court. IE, USAPA and the company, have the same position … trying to prevent the WEST from stopping the "out of order" furloughs ... Your Union and the company acting together to permit the furloughs of the West Pilots. Man your UNION is a piece of work.

MK82 -

not to re-hash, but there are seperate contracts under which "two pilot groups" operate (and of course I do not want to see anybody EAST or WEST on the street).

ON a different issue, but same path - why is it OK that a 12 year Captain at the WEST, makes more than a 12 year Captain at the EAST - based on your thinking - I would assume that you feel that is legally wrong also?? And please don't take the question as an attack on your view.

Metrojet

Getting a little too much sun exposure out in Charlotte?

Your jobs at the time of merger were going away, because you bases bring no value to the airline. Low yield markets and low yield jobs. We saw this coming.
Thats why we were never going to allow a Nic award to see the day. It does not protect our jobs.

M

LOW YIELD JOBS????!!! Coming from an EAST GUY???

You work for Mesa wages! You, your commuter airline, and your commuter airline contract are the laughing stock of this industry worldwide.

You're not in a position to "allow" anything to happen. When have you ever been able to "allow" what you like? Was it during the multiple massive paycuts? How about during the forfeiture of your pension? When ''negotiating" LOA 93 and the mind splitting concessions therein?

Did you allow the First run through bankruptcy or the SECOND?

You're in charge of deciding how hard to kick your dog when you get home from another crappy Utica overnight...that's all.

There you are. I knew that post would get you to write something.

Thanks
becket u the man

M

LOW YIELD JOBS????!!! Coming from an EAST GUY???

You work for Mesa wages! You, your commuter airline, and your commuter airline contract are the laughing stock of this industry worldwide.

You're not in a position to "allow" anything to happen. When have you ever been able to "allow" what you like? Was it during the multiple massive paycuts? How about during the forfeiture of your pension? When ''negotiating" LOA 93 and the mind splitting concessions therein?

Did you allow the First run through bankruptcy or the SECOND?

You're in charge of deciding how hard to kick your dog when you get home from another crappy Utica overnight...that's all.

becket,
You are stuttering. Check BP ASAP.

M

Latest resources

Back