• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority by Date of Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am quite aware of the NWA pilots standings.Apparently Not.....based on the incorrect statement you made about where NWA pilots are "NOT". It runs through the whole list, Delta pilots are VASTLY in more senior positions for their DOH than NWA pilots are. It is simply impossible to justify ANY means of making them junior in the new list. Who says that is the intention or EITHER side?

The point of the post was not revolved around that anyway, although as usual NWA guys are pre-wired to freak. Oh...OK....got it. Calling you on a blatently false assertion = freaking. Have your meds expired or something?The point was that a cornered animal will do anything to survive. The USAirways pilots were that cornered animal, and everyone sees surprised that they found every available means to continue survival.

The Delta MEC avoided that by nixing it before it could ever gain traction by assuring parity--to the non-belief of a few of our very posters on this thread. While this angers many of the Delta pilots, it does not "corner" them. Taking their seniority will corner them, and the powers that be will not let that happen, as it did in the AWA/USA fiasco.Who is going to take it from them? Aren't we involved in a mutual negotiation opn SLI? Doesn't the framework say that the items that cannot be agreed to will be submitted to a 3 arbitrator panel? How do you know what those arbitrators will decide?

It's that simple, and it's coming. You will have to find a way to deal with it. No....none of this is simple and your cocky statements that suggest you are all knowing about the final outcome only serve to make you look even more naive and baselessly arrogant.

BTW, 97 hires are 767 captains for a while now. Wow. They can have all the NYC reserve they want. Plus, there are reasons why new hires had the opportunity to go to right seat on the ER.
Read my original post again. S L O W L Y. Congrats on breathing about 20 things into it that weren't there.

BTW, 97 hires are 767 captains for a while now. Wow. They can have all the NYC reserve they want. Plus, there are reasons why new hires had the opportunity to go to right seat on the ER.

Just so we get our facts straight, Those '97 hires that are 767 captains are LAX. NYC, ATL, and CVG 7ER and 767 go to '91 hires.

Who is going to take it from them? Aren't we involved in a mutual negotiation opn SLI? Doesn't the framework say that the items that cannot be agreed to will be submitted to a 3 arbitrator panel? How do you know what those arbitrators will decide?

Well, you're 0 for 0. Your dc-9 guys hanging on by their fingernails are our 767 guys hanging on by theirs. We are more senior with less time, that is going to bite you.

If this integration goes even remotely DOH, you will see Delta pilots performing in the same manner as the USAir pilots. The powers that be are not going to let that happen. "Mutual negotiation" is going very slowly from what I am hearing. This will likely go to arbitration with the arbitrators NOT giving DOH, expressly not in merger policy and backing Delta pilots into a corner ala USAirways.

No....none of this is simple and your cocky statements that suggest you are all knowing about the final outcome only serve to make you look even more naive and baselessly arrogant.

It's not baseless, it just bothers you as to what I have said, and you have no rebuttal. So you throw out the word baseless seeing if it will stick. It won't. It's coming, and time will show you that.

Wow. They can have all the NYC reserve they want. Plus, there are reasons why new hires had the opportunity to go to right seat on the ER.

You should really read the framework agreement again. While you wouldn't sell your soul to go on reserve to NY, you new seniority number may take a hit from guys who would be willing to do just that, and who got hired at Delta after you got hired at NWA. It's coming. We did it to ourselves, there will be no stopping it, and the NWA will pay the price of seniority so that the powers that be do not wake up on the wrong end of a rope for their lack of understanding survival.

Heyas Puffy,

You've gone through each of the 5 stages of grief since this merger was announced. I see you've worked yourself backwards from resignation to back in between anger and denial.

And you were making such good progress, too.

Better check the documents before you start making wild assumptions.

Nu

This is what is going so right with the DAL/NWA merger. The Delta pilots have effectively taken one for the team. The majority of the negotiating capital pie is being fed to the skinny NWA pilots to fatten them up.

Talk about a wild exaggeration, that's really good for harmony. I guess it's our egos that you expect to fatten since we'll feel so privileged to be called Delta pilots, because it certainly isn't the contract.

You seem to pretend to be in the know, if you were you'd know NWA ALPA is not interested in DOH. DOH would be a windfall for DAL pilots, but of course to understand that you'd have to look beyond tomorrow. Just like you need to look beyond section 2 when comparing contracts.

Foresight and prudence do not seem to be qualities you possess, so I'm not surprised by your comments. The good news for you is we have 1%'s here too, so you'll have plenty of sparring partners for the next 20 years.

You seem to pretend to be in the know, if you were you'd know NWA ALPA is not interested in DOH. DOH would be a windfall for DAL pilots, but of course to understand that you'd have to look beyond tomorrow. Just like you need to look beyond section 2 when comparing contracts.

Heyas NS,

SHHHHH! If the average DAL guy figured out what a good deal DOH was for them, they'd be all over it, and then start yammering how they're "taking one for the team".

Hint for the short bus riders: Look past day 1

Nu

Talk about a wild exaggeration, that's really good for harmony. I guess it's our egos that you expect to fatten since we'll feel so privileged to be called Delta pilots, because it certainly isn't the contract.

Foresight and prudence do not seem to be qualities you possess, so I'm not surprised by your comments. The good news for you is we have 1%'s here too, so you'll have plenty of sparring partners for the next 20 years.

Nobody knows what your bozo merger committee wants. I never claimed to be in the know with regard to that. I do know that progress is going slow at the table, and it is because of unrealistic desires from one side, and it ain't mine. Now, would you guys care to comment on the thread topic?

The gist was that USAir pilots are not scum, that they are merely a product of their environment. It isn't all about the NWA pilots in this world.

Nobody knows what your bozo merger committee wants.Nobody? Really? I never claimed to be in the know with regard to that. I do know that progress is going slow at the table, and it is because of unrealistic desires from one side, and it ain't mine. Now, would you guys care to comment on the thread topic?

The gist was that USAir pilots are not scum, that they are merely a product of their environment. It isn't all about the NWA pilots in this world.
Ahhh. Back to calling the NWA merger committee names. Predictable. Lame.

If you want people to comment on the original topic then why did you drag the whole DAL/NWA situation into this in post #74? Comments about how NWA pilots will get hit and, oh, my personal favorite again, the 767 really IS a widebody. Time to find a new song there puffy. In the new JPWA the 767 pays the same as the 757.....even NWA 757's, and is 12% below A330/7674 rates. But I guess arbitrators are more into cabin width measurements.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back