• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority and DOH for CAL EQUIPMENT SYSTEM BID

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for putting the numbers together CAL EWR 737, it must have taken a while with all thse lists. I still can't believe 737 EWR will be held by 05 DOH's. Even if you are on reserve its still a 50% pay increase.

Thanks for putting the numbers together CAL EWR 737, it must have taken a while with all thse lists. I still can't believe 737 EWR will be held by 05 DOH's. Even if you are on reserve its still a 50% pay increase.

Ask the guys on reserve if they think they 50% pay increase is worth the headache. The reason it is going so junior is the percentages from around 65% to 100% are treated as less than human.

While it will be a good raise, it might be well below 50%.

PBS is giving lineholder FOs junior to 40% 90-hour lines. Captains on reserve are guaranteed 74 hours and during most of the year they don't fly past that. An FO who is able to hold midbody pay on the 737 and upgrades to captain on reserve will probably see about a 25% pay increase. QOL will be different.

Still a great deal though.

PBS is giving lineholder FOs junior to 40% 90-hour lines. Captains on reserve are guaranteed 74 hours and during most of the year they don't fly past that. An FO who is able to hold midbody pay on the 737 and upgrades to captain on reserve will probably see about a 25% pay increase. QOL will be different.

yeah...but as Captain you get to taxi around, the speed brake is on your side, and you get the scrambled eggs on your hat. what a deal!

I'm trying to figure out how you planned that new hires will get IAH 756. According to the flight ops chart it looks like the line hits the 100% mark with current pilots. Can anyone shed some light?

Agreed. I was considering it myself. Looks like current seniority will cover the seat. Who knows though.

IAHERJ

Actually it is closer to 50%. Reserve is 76 hrs of a blended rate. Around $11000/mo (4th year pay. This is what the junior guy will be when he actually gets there). 4 year f/o with 90 hr line and mostly 800 flying would be $7200. So it is about 50%. Plus the added B Plan adds up. Big pay difference and at the mercy of scheduling for years.

Latest resources

Back