• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority and DOH for CAL EQUIPMENT SYSTEM BID

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know where the bid notification link is on our website. I can find the vacancy chart but not the snapshot graph I'm used to seeing. Am I missing the graph somewhere?

If you make the 737(300) the same type as the 737(900) then you can make anything a common type.

The 737-3 and the 737-9 are much more similar then the 757-2 and the 767-4, much!

Atleast with these planes the systems work somewhat the same. The 787 does not use bleed air for a/c or anything it has electric pumps and pfm and stuff. Nothing alike.

Rumor or whatever you want to call it but that is exactly what Dave Lynn VP of Flight Standards and Training told me personally a few months ago.

I heard the same thing. What I also heard is that they do not need to teach systems on the 787. That the plane is just pfm. You run the checklist.

Boeing has been claiming since the rollout of the 78 that a 5 day transition course is all that is required for the 777 guys to get typed and fly the 787 as a common fleet.

The 757 & 767 are not a common type rating. Look at anyone's certificate who has these. They are individual type ratings that can be trained and flown as one.
ie: if you were only trained on one type 757 or 767 your certificate will only have the type for the aircraft you were trained on. Since CAL trains on both at the same time you get two types for the price of one.

Ok here is what probably will happen. CAL will buy off the FAA like they do on everything else, the 5 day transition will be a four hour CBT and 1 Sim ride. If what you say is correct they will still force all 777 to be quailifed over a year or so. All new bidders will receive differences training and will be dual qualified.

Look I want two sub bases because it is safer and will yeild more pilots. I just know how cal operates.

FYI I am new to the B756. CAL 737 to 756 boeing to boeing training was a joke. Easy but I didn't learn anything. They cut it down to bare minimum training and tell you on most things you don't need to know that. We didn't even do any flap or system abnormals until the last sim before the MV.

Today after flying all night with no IRO as we are the only carier to DH east bound we extended the flaps to 1 Slat disagree light. It was like starting from day one. Did the procedure and worked out all right but totally unacceptable as we are given the absolute minimum training. I fear we are going to bend metal and kill people because are company is to cheap and the FAA buys off on everying totally UNACCEPTABLE!

Ok here is what probably will happen. CAL will buy off the FAA like they do on everything else, the 5 day transition will be a four hour CBT and 1 Sim ride. If what you say is correct they will still force all 777 to be quailifed over a year or so. All new bidders will receive differences training and will be dual qualified.

Look I want two sub bases because it is safer and will yeild more pilots. I just know how cal operates.

FYI I am new to the B756. CAL 737 to 756 boeing to boeing training was a joke. Easy but I didn't learn anything. They cut it down to bare minimum training and tell you on most things you don't need to know that. We didn't even do any flap or system abnormals until the last sim before the MV.

Today after flying all night with no IRO as we are the only carier to DH east bound we extended the flaps to 1 Slat disagree light. It was like starting from day one. Did the procedure and worked out all right but totally unacceptable as we are given the absolute minimum training. I fear we are going to bend metal and kill people because are company is to cheap and the FAA buys off on everying totally UNACCEPTABLE!

I'm sure you told the IRO to come up front and sent the letter saying how valuable he was but I'm just checking.

:)

nevermind...

Last edited:
Reg-wise, the airplane does not have to have a common type for you to have a single=base. It just means that you will have to maintain two sets of currency. I can see an airline going through the trouble for the initial cadre of pilots - but I can't see it as a long term plan.

Later

Latest resources

Back