Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dash8driver said:
hugh,

bill clinton called..he wanted to make sure your eggs were served over-easy.
Great....another keyboard I have to clean from spewing beer all over it. Worth the belly-laugh, though!

they are doing what every human does, looking out for their own skin. Unions are great, but expecting 100% of your fellow employees to be in situations where they are able to stand side by side with you is delusional. And berating people for making a bad decision that they almost certainly regret is even worse. No, it isnt like a child molestor, its like a petty thief who realized their mistake after they made it. Should you lock everyone up for life no matter what crime they commit? their lives are already hell, life is too short, dont make it worse than it already is for them

big_al said:
its like a petty thief who realized their mistake after they made it.

A thief yes, taking sombodys income, retirement, stability for their family and benefits is hardly "petty".

Counselair

yes because removing the consequences will result in less scabs because the scabs morals and ethics will now prevent him/her from screwing their co-workers. :rolleyes:

expecting to cross a picket line with no repercussions from your peers is truly delusional. you know what you're doing and who you're screwing when you cross... dont cry about it after because you dont like the consequences. typical scabs, want all the benefits and pay none of the price.. even when it relates to their scabbing.

Last edited:
I never got into all that business about carrying "scab lists" and such. I don't approve of what they did, but I'm not going to obsess with it like some people do. I don't even know if the lists are accurate or what the individual circumstances are, and I don't really care to find out. If their company is on our approved list, they ride the jumpseat, if it isn't they don't.

I actually had one FO get all bent out of shape over it once because we had a jumpseater who apparently was on his list. He got pissed because I wouldn't kick the guy off, and even threatened to get off the airplane himself if I let the guy ride. I finally had to just sit him down and tell him that it was up to him if he wanted to refuse to work, but the jumpseat was my decision and the jumpseater was going to ride, end of discussion. He was all pissed off for awhile but got over it. Actually got along fine after that.

no reprocussions? what Im saying is they will be reminded every day of their careers, so rubbing it in wont change anything and will only make their lives even worse than they already are. Im just telling people to try to be a little more humane. But once again, management gets you to turn on your peers rather than the people who force others into the decision in the first place

Counselair said:
A thief yes, taking sombodys income, retirement, stability for their family and benefits is hardly "petty".

Counselair

do you really think they are that powerful enough to take away all that?

Jeeze some of you guys need to get a life. I'll say that I'm not in a union because my job has no union.(if it did I'd QUIT) Guess what, if somebody doesn't like it here they quit, and They don't get pissed off cause everyone else didn't quit with them. Everyone has their reasons for working or not working at a particular job. I work here because I like it here. Let me inform you that just because you work with someone or that someone works at the same company that you do, they are not your "brother". The unions used these terms (like "brothers" and "brethren")to envoke loyalty to their cause which they really don't care if it's your cause of not! You have a screwed up view of family values if you put them( co-workers) before your wife and kids. I am not a scab, I don't even know any scabs, and I would not under normal circumstances cross a picket line. But if my REAL family(wife, kids,mother, father, sister,real brother, ect..) needed the financial benifits of me crossing a line then union, airline, or any other co-workers could kiss my butt if they didn't like it. Besides why don't these "scabs " just tell these huffy captains to kiss their a$$ because they don't know anything about their personal life. I swear I'd laugh in the face of a guy who called me a scab, that is just such silly nonsense. I don't need anyone to hold my hand when and if I make a choice to leave my employer because of something I don't like. Unions just seem really pointless in todays workforce. Besides what about "contract" pilots that fly at a higher payscale than the union guys. There's no strike, no picket lines to cross, they just "contract" to fly for the company for a given amout of time. Are they "scabs"? They're definatly not union. It happens every day at the big helicopter companies in the Gulf of Mexico. Anyway, you guys that listen to all that union bullcrap about "brothers" should really take a look at what's important to you, CO-WORKERs or your real FAMILY. Flame away...............

Latest resources

Back