• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scab Stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you serious? You dorks would put your family on the streets in order not to cross the "line"?

We need a priority check on aisle nine please.....

Swass said:
Are you serious? You dorks would put your family on the streets in order not to cross the "line"?

We need a priority check on aisle nine please.....
No, we don't put our family on the streets in order to not cross the line. We mix paint at Home Depot. We drive a cab. We flip bugers. We do whatever we have to to feed our family within the confines of the LAW and WITHOUT crossing the line.
Might one suggest not living beyond one's means in the first place. That means not buying a house that one can't make a payment on come first hiccup in the freaked out industry in which we work?

Hugh Jorgan said:
No, we don't put our family on the streets in order to not cross the line. We mix paint at Home Depot. We drive a cab. We flip bugers. We do whatever we have to to feed our family within the confines of the LAW and WITHOUT crossing the line.
Might one suggest not living beyond one's means in the first place. That means not buying a house that one can't make a payment on come first hiccup in the freaked out industry in which we work?

You, my friend, must be rich by forcasting the next big disaster or in your words...."hiccup"!

dukeaviator said:
You, my friend, must be rich by forcasting the next big disaster or in your words...."hiccup"!
I'm no Karnak, but I fully expect fluctuations. Save a few bucks when the times are good, it might keep you from "needing" to stoop to the lowest level when times go sour...they certainly will. Those who plan for storms weather them the best.

Save a few bucks when the times are good

Generally every responsible family does this. Famous quote...Expect the worst, but hope for the best! But the one thing you can not expect is how long the worst will last. If you have that much money save for the worst...or your words "hiccup"...why do you need to work???

it might keep you from "needing" to stoop to the lowest level when times go sour

If stooping to the lowest level means keeping a roof over family's head or food in your children mouth and clothes on their back so be it....I think any sensible person with their prioties in place would agree!

...they certainly will. Those who plan for storms weather them the best

you must be retired with all the money you have save for the next big crisis....Have you planned for the economic oil meltdown...thats just over the horizon:rolleyes:

I'm not "rich," so I can't help but spend every cent I earn and it's not possible to prepare for inevitable ups and downs and I'm too lazy and arrogant to work at Home Depot for a while like Hugh suggested so I'll just cross the line (for similar pay and less time at home - wouldn't be a strike if the work rules didn't suck) and screw my brothers and sisters cause it's NOT MY FAULT!:crying:

All Pilots are Scabs

I remember being a copilot on a G4 and was the next to upgrade to Captain and had 500 hours in type. We were short on copilots. United had mass layoffs. A furloughed United Pilot came to the company and interviewed. Told the company that if he was given the Captain Position on the G4 he would pay for his own type rating which he did and I lost my slot at the Captains seat and had to leave the company to get upgraded. The boss told me he saved $25,000 because the United Guy offered to buy his own type and work for $10,000 less then what I was offered. Is it not true that a Scab takes someone's job. By the way this person is back at United as a Captain. I can't wait for United to have a strike so I can be the first one to Scab there. I would love to take his job on the 737. What comes around goes around. Like I said when pilots are hungry they are all scabs

Other types of scabs

How about Chief Pilots at ALPA carriers like Champion that screw their fellow pilots in order to look good to upper management, buts sits in the bar with other pilots telling them how he is one of them and still maintains his active standing with ALPA is that not being a SCAB. You guys talking about SCABS should get over it. When you are confronted with a way to get ahead at someone else's expense you'll scab its a pilots nature.

dukeaviator said:
If you have that much money save for the worst...or your words "hiccup"...why do you need to work???
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

dukeaviator said:
If stooping to the lowest level means keeping a roof over family's head or food in your children mouth and clothes on their back so be it....I think any sensible person with their prioties in place would agree!
Well, I think we can see what cloth the author of this line is cut from. Any person who has scabbing as an acceptable option to their situation, will certainly find a way to justify it in their own eyes and do so. Take it off your plate of options, and any sensible person will find a way to "keep a roof (the one beyond your means?) over your family's head or food in childrens mouth and clothes on their back."

dukeaviator said:
Have you planned for the economic oil meltdown...thats just over the horizon:rolleyes:
Yes, as a matter of fact. My plans include losing my job. Is that likely for me? No, but I am prepared for the eventuality. Scabbing certainly isn't part of my plan,though. And you?

Incidently, I don't think oil will be the likely culprit of me finding myself on the street so much as legislation allowing foreign ownership of airlines.

All scabs have their special case that in their mind justifies their actions. Don't bother to listen to them. It isn't worth wasting your time. It is the same as stealing because you needed the money. Finding another job was a bother.

Latest resources

Back