scab list by company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
That's the way all of you are. You get on this board and spew anti-PFT rhetoric out of your a$$, but all of you are nothing but cowards. You would never say anything to somebody's face

"Bold talk for a one-eyed fat man"... :D

Last edited:
PCL 128,

Don’t cheat your self or others, and don’t give all the angry pilots another reason to hate you by asking for a confrontation. Get some hours young man and by the way just an observation, how can you only have 1300 hrs and be flying 121 for 3 yrs. Hello can any one say red flag.

Peace out

singlespeed said:
Get some hours young man and by the way just an observation, how can you only have 1300 hrs and be flying 121 for 3 yrs. Hello can any one say red flag.

Peace out

I worked at Gulfstream for a little over a year and half. During that time I was working in the training department also, not just flying the line. That's why I don't have the flight time. I spent most of my time working at the training center, not flying. I needed the money more than the hours, and working in the training dept payed a lot more.

I've been at Pinnacle for a little under a year and half, and about 5 months of that was spent on reserve. I basically flew 150 hours the entire 5 months on reserve. That slowed down the hours accumulation also.

If ALPA is continuously "updating" the list then I guess that means not only are they adding names to the list but also subtracting names from the list. How else could they have welcomed Continental into their ranks.

This thread has become like that part in the movie "Airplane" where the passengers line up to smack sense into the hysterical woman, in this case the part of the woman is played by PCL_128.

I'm done. [/B]

That was definately one of my favorite parts of the movie. I think that you have done well in a potential casting for an Airplane III

Wil posts:
Gulfstream is not PFT, it is rent a seat.

GIA is renting a seat in a plane that can be flown single pilot and I'm sure the Captains there are single pilot most of the time as they baby sit the seat renter.

The BE1900 may not be flown single pilot in a 121 environment. It requires a qualified SIC in the right seat.

canadflyau said:
Wil posts:

The BE1900 may not be flown single pilot in a 121 environment. It requires a qualified SIC in the right seat.

By 121 Regs you are right. But you don't know much about the rent a seat program. Any one with 1/2 a brain can pass a co-pilot check ride when you have a company that will only stand to gain if you pass. Doesn't mean the captain isn't flying single pilot. He has some one in the right seat that is paying to sit there for each and every hour! The PIC is having to do the job of two. That is not an SIC, that is a RAS "Rent A Seat"!!

missed the point

i thought the post implied that PFTers are doing no harm b/c if they weren't there Gulfstream would just operate the 1900's single pilot. That may make them sleep better, but that is not the case. A 1900 operated in a 121 environment must have a SIC on board, so Gulfstream would have to actually go out recruit, train and pay an SIC.

I understand that the feeling is the training and checkride process is compromised by the "rent a seat" as you call it. I totally agree, and I maintain that is just another detrimental effect to our profession of PFTers... and it boils down to safety.

Last edited:
My Father and My Uncle were both screwed by the Eastern fiasco and many friends where I grew up in Miami Springs. Many people including myself had a very hard time getting a chance for college or even food. I paid my way through all my school and licenses with a wrench and was the youngest IA in the eastern US. Pay for trainers may have caused some of you a problem but not the trainess that went to them. We all paid for our training one way or another. Maybe some of you got on your knees to get that first job but pay for trainees put their money where their mouth is compared to what some other people here may have put in their mouth..

I work at PCL as well as PCL128 and I never paid for a job. And no i don't know him.

I would not have before but I tell you what, after reading some of these shi t head posts and growing up in the Eastern as well as Pan Am blowups I would now relish the idea of knocking a listed culprit from his ride.

Only and final comment on this thread.

Last edited:
So, according to you, pilots either whipped out their checkbooks or "bobbed the knob", huh? Well, since you said you didn't pay, I guess we know which one you did.

As for the rest of us, we got the best job we could with the time we had, and worked our way up. I worked EMS for 3 years, working on an ambulance until I could find a flying job. If I had your skills, I guess I could have gone right to the top- right seat in a Beech 1900 for the whopping pay of minus $95.00 an hour.

I guess it all works out in the end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back