scab list by company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
46Driver quote:

"If any of them were brother Marines, I have an obligation that vastly supercedes ALPA. Likewise, as a Christian, I believe there are a few things in the Bible about turning the other cheek and helping those around you. Flying is just a job."

46Driver you speak as a man of honor.

Semper Fi

KlingonLRDRVR

The last time GIA came up in a conversation with a couple of friends at majors, they let me know that GIA was started (still operated?) by an EAL scab. PFT and scab all rolled into one, the worst blight on the industry to ever exist.

Central Florida Area Local 1462

The Scab
A Poem by: Jack London (1876-1916)

"After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire,
he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab."

"A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul,
a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue.
Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles."

"When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and
angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out."

"No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in,
or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab.
For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself." A scab has not.

"Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver.
Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army."
The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and
his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God;
Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country;
a scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCAB I AM

FlyChicaga:

The reason I put PFT Member in my profile has nothing to do with me being "proud" of PFT'ing. I'm neither proud nor ashamed of what I paid for.

The PFT Member statement in my profile is now there so no one can claim that I've been trying to hide it. Despite the fact that I've been very open about my PFT past, someone comes along every few weeks and makes note of the combination of my low time and BE-1900 and CL-65 time and state that I must be a GIA pilot. Inevitably, someone comes along in the next post and says something about me trying to hide it. This type of exchange has taken place several times, so I've decided to put PFT Member in my profile so there is no question anymore about whether I'm hiding my background or not.

PCL_128

How in the world could you go to GIA and not know who ran it and what he is. He has been doing that for a decade or more. You seem to have that scab list with you since birth but you still chose to support one. And you are anti scab? But you are pro PFT. What's the difference? They both caused good people jobs, houses, etc... Yet you sit on a high horse and preach to us all??? You are no different.

You have to be strong to stick to your guns at all time. Not just when it suits you. I realize you are young. God be with you as you grow up.

PFT

Not real up on the whole PFT thing.

Basically you go to a flight school and pay to be a right seater and monitor the standby load meter?

This prepares you for captaincy? I took the easy way out, 20 years service to the nation. Free flight school, experience and extended vacation to exotic places with names full lots of vowels.

I have no idea what the corporate culture where you currently work is, but open hostilities between crew members is considered rather unprofessional.

I'm a corporate pilot. I fly a couple of different aircraft. One crewed the other single pilot. I fly with some people I actually loathe to be next to. Do you actually think as we hit V1 I turn to them and say, "You know, you’re a real POS. I hate you and as soon as we hit the ground, I'm going to do a tap dance on your face? Oh, by the way rotate." Not too likely. It’s unprofessional, and creates an unsafe cockpit. As professionals we have to lift ourselves above petty personal dislikes and FTFA (Fly the F&*^ing Aircraft).

You seem to believe somehow that unless someone comes right out and tells you they think your a POS they are a gutless wonder. That just shows your lack of maturity. Its much more difficult to keep silent in the face of morons then to whine like a turbine. However that said, If I had issues with you, there would be no doubt in your coolaid pumping heart about where I stood. The invitation would always be open to discuss your shortcomings.

Anytime you want to earn some respect I suggest you call 1-800-USA-ARMY. I am sure there are operators waiting for your call.

Last edited:
Well said King Air Guy.

What is this pay for training stuff? And what airline is GIA?

I thought pay for training meant go to FlightSafety and pay for your own type or not get a salary while in training. You mean there are actually pilots who pay money to play dress up and be a pilot?

And hey kid (PCL_128) when one or two people think you are a jerk, who knows who is right or wrong. But when everyone thinks you are being a jerk it isn't cause you are some James-Dean-rebel-hero it's cause you are acting like a jerk.

viking737 said:
PCL 128

I have no sympathy for scabs, and I DO check my scablist
every time there is a jumpseater. (they will not go on my flight)

Captain, I'll bet that makes you feel real good. Probably just as good as when that same scab you denied now kicks one (or all) of your fellow pilots off, probably for the rest of their career. Think about it. The scab will know they won't ride in the future, but how many of your unsuspecting brother pilots that need to get home or to work will walk up to their cockpit unprepared? Do you think they would want to have a word with you someday about your actions? Do you care? Somehow I don't think so.

Would it not be better to have a captive audience and educate these people? No one wins in a jumpseat war, except those who need to fill some deep emotional void. And save your breath, I would have the honor and grace of riding your jumpseat Captain.

Jesus people...grow up.

Last edited:
What is really amusing is the person who maintains this list, I believe was hired at XJET when it was a PFT operation. No wonder he doesn't list his name. Which in my opinion is a lack of balls in itself.

PCL did you call Herndon yet for your official copy? I didn't think so.

Boeingman

To be honest, it has been my experience that most scabs
don't even try to ride jumpseat on a union carrier.
In my 11 years as Capt., it has only happened to me twice,
one UAL and one ex-EAL.
Just can't get my self to offer someone a free ride that has done
to his fellow pilots what scabs have.
As far as educating them in the cockpit, I find it a bit late,
and of course not even possible with the current TSA
regs.

Latest resources

Back