Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9drvr

Hello.....................

Several weeks ago there was a link on this forum showing a "new scab list by company" Any body knows where it went???

I would like to download it. Might come in handy with all the Republic/USAir stuff going on.

Blue skies...

9drvr.

Wonder how many folks on those scab lists have been the targets of reprisal?

Wonder how many jackasses who post scab lists have had their teeth kicked in after someone was the victim of the above?

It’s interesting to know that specifically airline and rail employees might not be covered under right to work laws.

http://www.nrtw.org/rtws.htm

:mad:

So far, so good.

PLEASE do not place any by-name list on this site. I think we can live with links.

Appreciate your cooperation on this one, gang.

wasted state said:

I hope a lot. I have no sympathy for SCAB scum.

Wonder how many jackasses who post scab lists have had their teeth kicked in after someone was the victim of the above?

Anyone who crosses a line knows what's in store for them later on. They know that they will be hated for the rest of their lives. They know that getting another airline job will be next to impossible. They know going into it what the consequences are, so they have no right to be angry when we post or carry lists. They made their decision, now live with it.

It’s interesting to know that specifically airline and rail employees might not be covered under right to work laws.

Right to Work laws are trash. If you work at a unionized company, then you are benefiting from the union representation whether you are a member or not. You should be required to pay dues for that assistance. Your pay and work rules are negotiated by the union, so pay the dues and shut up.

PCL_128
Boy, looking at your profile you are pretty new in the industry and already you are so Sturn. Was your father a pilot and hurt by the scab issue? Just wandering.

J3

J3CubCapt said:
PCL_128
Boy, looking at your profile you are pretty new in the industry and already you are so Sturn. Was your father a pilot and hurt by the scab issue? Just wandering.

J3

No, but several family friends were EAL strikers and were never able to get their careers put back together after Lorenzo and his SCABs destroyed Eastern. It's terrible to watch family friends that were once proud Eastern pilots struggling to get by doing things such as construction work because other airlines didn't want to hire pilots that were "too old" or "were too jaded from the strike."

Lorenzo and his SCABs destroyed many wonderful people's lives. It's not something you just forgive and forget.

PCL_128 said:
I hope a lot. I have no sympathy for SCAB scum.

Yeah.. yeah... your life and career has been so affected exactly how much to be so bitter?

PCL_128 said:

Anyone who crosses a line knows what's in store for them later on. They know that they will be hated for the rest of their lives. They know that getting another airline job will be next to impossible. They know going into it what the consequences are, so they have no right to be angry when we post or carry lists. They made their decision, now live with it.

So young... so angry... d@mn that rap music!

PCL_128 said:

Right to Work laws are trash. If you work at a unionized company, then you are benefiting from the union representation whether you are a member or not. You should be required to pay dues for that assistance. Your pay and work rules are negotiated by the union, so pay the dues and shut up.

Every company (aviation and non-aviation) that I have worked for that had national union representation has had a closed shop. Do you know what that means? It means you can choose not to support the union, but you must generally join and pay dues. Most others have union by-laws that allow you not to join, but you still pay dues only they call them something else and you save a few pennies on the dollar, but are scr@wed if and when you need help. It is foolish to not support your unions, because without them, we'd all be alot worse off (believe it or not). It is also unwise to join a unionized workforce and not support all labor actions. It is as stupid to come on an public website and anonymously shoot your mouth off about things you really know nothing about (i.e. EAL) (i.e. the "list") oooohhh!! Not the LIST?!?! Oh boy everyone go copy the list!!!

That list should be a union issue, and done with as you see fit, but not published on this website for kids to play with.

Come on youngin'... where have you been and where do you come off with your high and mighty name calling and rhetoric?

Yeah, I remember my first beer..

originally posted by PCL_128

No, but several family friends were EAL strikers and were never able to get their careers put back together after Lorenzo and his SCABs destroyed Eastern. It's terrible to watch family friends that were once proud Eastern pilots struggling to get by doing things such as construction work because other airlines didn't want to hire pilots that were "too old" or "were too jaded from the strike."

Lorenzo and his SCABs destroyed many wonderful people's lives. It's not something you just forgive and forget.Lorenzo and his SCABs destroyed many wonderful people's lives. It's not something you just forgive and forget.

The pilots at EAL who crossed the "mechanics" picket line didn't destroy anything. If you believe that then nothing I can say will bring you to common sense. Your "family" members EAL career trials and tribulations are their lives, and you need to let them live it and have their feelings about it, and move on with yours, and stop carrying their torch. If they want to talk, call names.. whatever then they certainly can... they were there, and it was their battle.. not yours.

Finally.. before the shooting starts....I've been with several unions (aviation and non-aviation) including ALPA, and I'm currently with NPA which is part of the larger network. I have never crossed a picket line, and have supported unions, and will only work for a union carrier. I'm not on any "LIST" and I've commuted to work for almost 5 years, have never had anyone check a "list"... ever. If they did, they better have an actual axe to grind, not some egoist that thinks they are making a difference, because they're not.

Last edited:
wasted state said:

As long as you understand that when you take it to that person's house or private property you've crossed another line and things get very personal. When I was growing up my mother and next door neighbor were both F/A's at EAL. It's one thing if daddy's bringin home a nice fat paycheck every week, but if you're counting on that income to pay bills every month, and for food, clothes, school, there's no question, you do what you have to do to keep food on the table and take care of your family. People used to slash tires, vandalize our houses, etc. That's all fine, but if you're gonna do something like that you better expect to get some back. When I would see my mom and her friend cry it would get extremely personal, and it didn't take me, my brother and our friends long to find out who was behind alot of the problems. (Miami's a big city but not that big) I had alot of fun getting back at people. And I know kids that did alot worse things than me and my brother and neighbors did. Say what you want to say, but people sometimes forget that a job's just that, a job. Your family comes before anything else.
Moral of the story: Don't mess with people outside of work if you don't want your family involved.

FL717 said:

The pilots at EAL who crossed the "mechanics" picket line didn't destroy anything. If you believe that then nothing I can say will bring you to common sense. Your "family" members EAL career trials and tribulations are their lives, and you need to let them live it and have their feelings about it, and move on with yours, and stop carrying their torch. If they want to talk, call names.. whatever then they certainly can... they were there, and it was their battle.. not yours.

Who do you think you are to tell me what torch I should carry and what feelings I should have? If you disagree with my opinions on the SCABs, then fine. Say so. But don't tell me what I should think or do.

The battle is not over, and it is not only to be fought by the EAL pilots and mechanics. ALPA continues to update the list for a reason. ALPA certainly doesn't think the battle was only theirs. Dave Behncke (founder of ALPA) posted a SCAB list on the front page of the Airline Pilot union newsletter after the Century Airlines stike. The names where in bold type and accompanied by an editorial from Behncke that said this: " The vilest enemy of the morale of aeronautics is a scab. Those scabs recently let out by Mr. Cord will start floating around the country, making every effort to find employment. It will be our duty to see they don't get it. Their plea may be that of need! Match that with the fact that it took guts, faith, and sacrifice for the Century pilots to fight something they knew was wrong." Behncke didn't say that only the Century strikers should be angry, he said that every ALPA member had a DUTY to see to it that these SCABs didn't find employment. Just because you didn't work at EAL doesn't mean that you shouldn't carry a grudge against the SCABs.

Latest resources

Back