• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

scab list by company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If any of them were brother Marines, I have an obligation that vastly supercedes ALPA. Likewise, as a Christian, I believe there are a few things in the Bible about turning the other cheek and helping those around you. Flying is just a job.

In the early 60s the PFEs at EAL were reprsented by FEIA. They went out on strike. Captain Eddie told them to come back to work and they would be placed on the pilot seniority list, and trained as pilots. The EAL ALPA pilots broke the strike. Were the PFEs that crossed their union picket line scabs? Were the EAL pilots scabs?

PCL_128 said:
Who do you think you are to tell me what torch I should carry and what feelings I should have?

I know exactly who I AM. Who do you think you are? A former EAL pilot? You once again help make my point very clear. WHO ARE YOU? What does this list for you? Live your own life, and fight your OWN battles, including ALPA battles if and when they apply to you. Then you will be you, and know who you are.... maybe.... after reading your post I'm not sure.

My point is about this so called list being published and heralded here on this website by a bunch of people acting like drunks in a bar. Thats all... nothing more, nothing less.

I dislike SCABS just as much as the next person, but as a student of aviation history, I'm compelled to point this out: Frank Lorenzo was only the FINAL cause of EAL's destruction. The reason it got to that point was not the Eastern pilots crossing the IAM's line, but the sociopathic hatred between and failure to compromise on the part of the CEO and Machinist's leader. (No names here please) If certain folks would have set their egos aside and done what was right for the airline, (I beleive one of them did) Lorenzo would not have been able to purchase Eastern and gut it.

LJDRVR said:
[BThe reason it got to that point was not the Eastern pilots crossing the IAM's line, but the sociopathic hatred between and failure to compromise on the part of the CEO and Machinist's leader.[/B]

The pilots crossing the picket lines may not have destroyed EAL by themselves, but they gave Lorenzo much more time to transfer assets and gut Eastern in general. Had no one crossed the lines, Lorenzo would most likely have given up (at least for the time being) and come to an agreement. Charlie Bryan (his name is widely published, no need to hide names) did what was right by standing up to Lorenzo. They had already taken concessions several times under the bad leadership of Frank Boreman, taking them again was unacceptable.

Too bad there isn't a PFT list. Someone here (with be-1900 in his profile) could be on the top of it.

PFT, SCAB, what's the difference?

Brett Hull said:
Too bad there isn't a PFT list. Someone here (with be-1900 in his profile) could be on the top of it.

LOLOL!!!

Now thats funny!!

I guess the score is: Brett Hull - 1 PCL_128 - 0

Honestly... I don't know if PCL_128 bought a job or not, but its funny how quickly we can all find sh!t in someones locker if you're nosy enough to look. And it seems the nosiest people are the ones hiding something!

Last edited:
Brett Hull said:

Totaly agree!! When I was comming up the ranks of Instructor, then 135 piston freight, etc etc.... there were a bunch of us that were close friends. Then there was a split. The PFT, and the take your PFT and shove it up your A$$!! I took the high road. We were told if you PFT in the reginals you would be black balled with the big dogs. Every one of the old group who PFT is flying with the Big Dogs. Only a few of us who didn't PFT are there.

FL717 said:
Honestly... I don't know if PCL_128 bought a job or not, but its funny how quickly we can all find sh!t in someones locker if you're nosy enough to look. And it seems the nosiest people are the ones hiding something!

You don't have to be nosey to find out that I PFT'd. I've been quite open about it on this board. I don't try to hide it at all.

Besides, if you equate PFT to scabbing, then you really don't understand the issues at all.

PCL_128 said:
You don't have to be nosey to find out that I PFT'd. I've been quite open about it on this board. I don't try to hide it at all.

Besides, if you equate PFT to scabbing, then you really don't understand the issues at all.

Hey you brought it all up... not me! I think PFT is WRONG... but hey you don't see me posting a list of you people. Its your torch.. not mine. Knock yourself out. You seem like a very hypocritical person to me. And you admit it... thats pretty weird!

As far as me understanding the issues... my knowledge and understanding of the "issues" is deeper than just reading a book, talking to a couple guys in the crew lounge, then shooting my mouth off as an anonymous poster on a internet website as if that suddenly qualifies you to pass judgement on an issue that took place while you were in diapers.

Speaking of diapers, your self righteous logic of PFT and how it affects the industry versus how it affects YOU and YOUR career speaks volumes about you and your regard for your co-workers. Brett Hull is right... as far as integrity goes, there is little difference.

Your emotional response to the "issues" shows that mentally and emotionally you are STILL in diapers.

Latest resources

Back