Santulli's visit to SC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RTRHD said:
To qualify as a NetJets Aviation (Citation, Hawker, Falcon, Gulfstream 200, Boeing aircraft) pilot candidate you must have the following prerequisites:
  • Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 2500 hours total pilot time
  • 500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
  • 250 hours instrument time
NetJets International (Gulfstream large cabin aircraft) Pilot Requirements:
  • Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 5000 hours total pilot time
  • 500 Gulfstream hours
Looks to me like NJA is an entry level position. (500 hrs. Multi) (250 hrs. instrument, Betcha some guys had to add hood time to get that)

just an observation.......
There is a difference between the two sets of "Requirements" you posted RTRHD. The top set of numbers really are hard requirements for NJA. Are you sure the second set of numbers for NJI aren't competitive minimums? 500 Gulfstream hours? Does G1 time count?

Live4flyng said:
There is a difference between the two sets of "Requirements" you posted RTRHD. The top set of numbers really are hard requirements for NJA. Are you sure the second set of numbers for NJI aren't competitive minimums? 500 Gulfstream hours? Does G1 time count?

Come on almost everyone wants time in type.

Last edited:
RTRHD said:
Hey FLYLOW

Just curious, why did you take the job if it did not pay what you wanted? I don’t want to piss anybody off but I did not even apply to NJA because I did not like the salary. I understand being out of work, but why try to mess with other guys just because I don’t make enough.

Old question. Same answer. They lied to me. I got pissed off. I decided to fight for my self worth. I am not alone. There are many like me here.

You will be assimilated. Resistence is futile.

Seriously, someday you may see it from my perspective. I think that you should make even more money. Others in your aircraft at other companies do. Aren't you worth it? Don't you deserve what they have for working as hard and harder? If you answered no then the self-worth issue needs to be visited.

Last edited:
RTRHD said:
Come on almost everyone wants time in type.

I think the 500 TT in the G is BS. I know of 4 NJI F/Os hired in the last 24 months who had ZERO G time.

A plane is a plane. Where is the coffee maker and the lav? Oh yeah, how much does it pay?

FLYLOW22 said:
I think the 500 TT in the G is BS. I know of 4 NJI F/Os hired in the last 24 months who had ZERO G time.

A plane is a plane. Where is the coffee maker and the lav? Oh yeah, how much does it pay?

I guess its time to come out of my hole and respond again...we just had an earlier lesson about respect for one's employer...this morning's lesson will be what to address the airplane as...its not a "G". its not a "G-Whiz", and definately not a "G-String"...you wanna be the laughing stock in Flight Safety while in GIV Initial...just refer to this airplane as a "G"...It is simply a "Gulfstream"...there are many models and each has its level of respect...those of us lucky enough to be hired early in the Gulfstream Program at EJI (now NJI) had mountains of experience in most models of the Gulfstream. I for one have over 7500 hours in Gulfstreams, and I am a newbie by a lot of standards...it is an honor to fly this airplane..what other civilian plane can have nearly the same performance (lightly fueled) as a F4 Phantom II??? And I know that to be true as I flew the Phamtom for 10 years also...so yes most of the NJI guys have more time taxiing a Gulfstream than most of the young whippersnappers that are rabble rousing here on this bulletin board!! Get some respect and you will rightly get it in return!

Wgfp48

T-33,T29,F-100,F4,F16,B727,DC9,GII,GIII,GIV,GV,G550,G450

So you are real close to 70? Right?

it is an honor to fly this airplane
Talk about hyperbole - that statement does not even merit a serious response.

Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
5000 hours total pilot time
500 Gulfstream hours

Again - while maybe true in the early days - it is now strictly "who you know" - which bothers me none. But as the good ole boys down here say - Just don't pee on my leg and try to tell me its raining.
But once again - this has nothing to do with G whiz Gulfstream or whatever you want to call them - it is about keeping one's word. And for those who ignore history - they are doomed to have it repeated. Just remember NJI folks - when he needed us he loved us best - and btw - yes he will still love you in the morning, the check is in the mail, and my, what a beautiful baby you have.

Just my 2 cents

zugzug said:
So you are real close to 70? Right?

He may very well be. Is that a problem? I've been flying since I was 16; I still don’t know a 1/3rd of what most senior NJI guys do. At 37, I’m considered a kid at NJI, and that’s fine with me because I respect our pilots. Many of whom have crossed the Atlantic in a G-II, 707, some in Connies with no FMS or the rest of our modern day cockpit luxuries, only to find the weather in London at minimums. And this is what troubles me most with this entire thread, respect.

Why is it so difficult these days to show respect to someone? I see it everywhere, in restaurants, stores, etc. People just don’t respect anything anymore. Least of all God and their families. Why? I respect "ANYONE" who rolls up his or her sleeves and puts in a hard day’s work, no matter what you do for a living. And at the end of the day, it’s not about the contract, power, or the money. It’s about you and your integrity. If the boss is treating you unfairly, he’ll answer for it in due time, but keep your dignity and your respect. It’s all you have to begin with, because we’re not guaranteed anything in this life.

I flew with a retired TWA pilot last month; I can’t describe what an honor it was to fly with this fellow. He started out on the panel in a 707. He taught me more about life and flying, than any book ever will. And he never said "Just follow me son and you’ll be a Captain one day." He typifies the average NJI pilot, a person with a great deal of international experience, and yes in some cases, lots of Gulfstream experience. He won’t be around much longer, and this TA will have no effect on him, but you can be assured I will carry myself just as he has, because I respect him for his attitude, AND his experience.

As for those who say Gulfstreams' are no big deal, why then do 2 out of 3 owners and pilots choose them over every other long haul aircraft in the world? Why does darn near every country in the world own one for their presidents, kings, and leaders?

Because it’s a Gulfstream, that why.

WGFP48 said:
its not a "G". its not a "G-Whiz", and definately not a "G-String"...you wanna be the laughing stock in Flight Safety while in GIV Initial...just refer to this airplane as a "G"...It is simply a "Gulfstream"...there are many models and each has its level of respect...\

Oh... my... God. It's a hunk of metal. It's a rig. It has 2 wings and engines. It is a mode of transport. It's not a woman. It's not a thing to be praised. It's a tool. This is a flying job, not some G worshiping cult.

FSI being uptight? WHEN?!?!? G-String? Never heard that one. I guess that make you a G-String Diva.

Where is the coffee maker, where is tha galley, what is for dinner?

What part of the airplane do you make love to? Do you seem to enjoy the G a liiiiitle too much. I'm thinking you are a bit on the edgy side.

Honor is something bestowed to an individual. A person. Flesh and blood. An aviator.

WGFP48:

this morning's lesson will be what to address the airplane as...its not a "G". its not a "G-Whiz", and definately not a "G-String"......just refer to this airplane as a "G"...It is simply a "Gulfstream"...there are many models and each has its level of respect...

Lesson learned. From now on it will be called THE LORD GOD BIRD!

it is an honor to fly this airplane..

Agreed. I will humbly bow down at the mere sight of THE LORD GOD BIRD.

what other civilian plane can have nearly the same performance (lightly fueled) as a F4 Phantom II??

Oh, I don't know....the X maybe? Seriously....an F4 Phantom? I do believe I read that was a Mach 2 bird in a dive. I had no idea the LORD GOD BIRD, could do that!!!!!!

Maybe I should come on over. I just don't know if I'm worthy enough to carry your flight bag my lord.

Latest resources

Back