Santulli's visit to SC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
milehigh6080 said:
The problem is, this contract takes a very shortsighted approach to getting it by only guaranteeing it to the current pilots. Keep in mind that after a couple years, there will be lots of new, pissed off pilots wanting to know why the chosen few gets fly from home and the others have to live at five horrible gateways. It arbitrarily creates a group of haves vs. a group of have-nots and it's determined solely by date of hire. .

You are precisely correct. Years ago the ailrine industry tried a similar approach with creating a two tiered (b) pay scale. The industry is still reaping the results of that fiasco. Soon the former "B" scale pilots outnumbered the "A" scalers. Guess what, they took over the union and they never got over being considered second class citizens. Allowing this to infiltrate their contract will backfire on the "A" domicilers, sooner rather than later.

zman300 said:
This is sad. It hasn't even been a week since the TA was reached (with full and enthusiastic union support); it hasn't even been voted on; and already people want MORE.

IF there is a trojan horse in the TA as milehigh suggests, then I think (as I suggested in another thread) maybe it's not so much an issue of NJI employees getting onboard with the union and paying their dues, as much as it is NJA employees getting rid of the union. This'll make the second group, at least in the last two years, that has failed to represent you guys adequately.

I suspect the majority of NJA pilots are happy with the new agreement though, and rightly so. Of course, I could be wrong. If I am, you REALLY should try going without a union; I promise you, employer-employee relations can be GOOD without one.

A perfect post! I agree one hundred percent! Bravo!

milehigh6080 said:
Right, fly from home is one of the best things the fractional industry has going for it. The problem is, this contract takes a very shortsighted approach to getting it by only guaranteeing it to the current pilots. Keep in mind that after a couple years, there will be lots of new, pissed off pilots wanting to know why the chosen few gets fly from home and the others have to live at five horrible gateways. It arbitrarily creates a group of haves vs. a group of have-nots and it's determined solely by date of hire. Unions always seem to be on sharp lookout for union busting measures, but this is a trojan horse that they're apparently avoiding because of the pay raise. I think NetJets wanted this arrangement because they know that in four years it's going to be a 50/50 split and they won't have to worry about facing a unified pilot group.

I'm glad that you're happy with the TA. Because I live near a gateway, I'll still most likely apply when I meet the mins. But keep this in mind, your TA has a trojan horse in it and it will come to haunt you.

13.1(b) Home Base Airport Participation
The Company may limit Crewmember participation in the Home Base Airport system to thirty (30) percent of the total number of Crewmembers on the most current seniority list, including crewmembers who have relinquished Home Base Airport rights pursuant to Section 13.2(b). Such percentage may be less than thirty (30) percent if crewmembers designate Domiciles, or more than thirty (30) percent because of grandfather rights as defined in Section 13.1(a).

It does not say that they will limit to 30% put that they may limit it. If they cant get enought new hires who volunter to live in CMH,DAL,LAX,TEB or PBI then the company will not have enough pilots and have to cave in and give new hires FFH. No where does it say that new hire HAVE to live in the domiciles just that the pilots on property will not be subject to the 30% limitation. I bettting they cant find enough pilots to move for just 39000 and no chance of bypass unless they want to lower the hiring mins. so that 500 hour cfi's qualify. My advise for people who interview and get the job offer and are told to move to TEB domicile just tell them thank you but you cant accept the job if you are required to move and you will accept the job if you can still live in MCO.

dime line said:
"If I am, you REALLY should try going without a union; I promise you, employer-employee relations can be GOOD without one."

Spoken like a true believer

Well of course! It's just my opinion, based on my experience. I did say "...I could be wrong. If I am...." I mean, if NJA employees still aren't happy and they think their union reps are STILL selling them short, they need to try something else; something that might work. That's just common sense, isn't it?

TurboJetCpt said:
For someone who doesn't even work there, COLONEL, you sure have a big mouth. Stop embarrassing yourself.

-Just another "under-qualified," ex-military Netjets Captain.

I get it, Captain. You sound like a former Army Warrant Officer with a high school education and a built-in resentment for Commissioned Officers who's just all giddy to be flying something where the wings don't move faster than the fuselage. Give it a break, Chief.

Sparse said:
You are precisely correct. Years ago the ailrine industry tried a similar approach with creating a two tiered (b) pay scale. The industry is still reaping the results of that fiasco. Soon the former "B" scale pilots outnumbered the "A" scalers. Guess what, they took over the union and they never got over being considered second class citizens. Allowing this to infiltrate their contract will backfire on the "A" domicilers, sooner rather than later.

Bingo!

SeaSpray said:
I get it, Captain. You sound like a former Army Warrant Officer with a high school education and a built-in resentment for Commissioned Officers who's just all giddy to be flying something where the wings don't move faster than the fuselage. Give it a break, Chief.

As a retired commissioned officer, I am very embarrassed FOR you. Your type gives us all a bad name. Some lucky young, non-military, aviator will end up in a cockpit with you while you spew out your self important, OVERLY QUALIFIED, self righteous GARBAGE. I hope he/she puts you in your place COLONEL OVERQUALIFIED.

We have MANY academy graduates here who have flown for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. Are we all under-qualified too COLONEL ? You need to do a little RESEARCH before you sh*t all over YOURSELF. Some of the best pilots I have ever flown with have never flown a military airplane. Military training doesn't make you "better" or "safer," but you'll learn that eventually. Please keep your promise and do NOT apply at Netjets; we are extremely happy with your decision.

Last edited:
Santulli

No word from SC regarding the Santulli visit on ouor website or pagers. I think that we're all looking for information regarding how the dust will settle on this one... we know you guys want to fly the G's, and we want to keep things the same... time will tell.

Latest resources

Back