Santulli's visit to SC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SeaSpray said:
Looks like they heard something good and were instructed not to talk about it.

You already know too much! ;)
Yes, you likely won't hear much for a while. One thing we can confirm is that lunch was delicious.

I'm guessing it was something along the lines of, "don't sweat it, we strung those guys (read: IBT) along for years and it'll be a LONG time (read: forever) before you'll start paying union dues. So just do business as usual and we'll figure out a way to weasel out of the NJI provisions of this TA well before any of you start wearing those goofy union pins... We're just hoping they don't come to their senses and reject this TA because we really feel like we got away with murder... The only downside is Mr. Buffett is pi$$ed that we didn't break the IBT, but we never thought they'd actually accept this B.S."

That had to be about the gist of it, probably lasted about 5 minutes before they all hit the lunch buffet. He probably gave the NJI guys a raise just for spite.

Last edited:
h25b said:
I'm guessing it was something along the lines of, "don't sweat it, we strung those guys (read: IBT) along for years and it'll be a LONG time (read: forever) before you'll start paying union dues. So just do business as usual and we'll figure out a way to weasel out of the NJI provisions of this TA well before any of you start wearing those goofy union pins... We're just hoping they don't come to their senses and reject this TA because we really feel like we got away with murder..."

That had to be about the gist of it, probably lasted about 5 minutes before they all hit the lunch buffett. He probably gave the NJI guys a raise just for spite.

Please refer further questions/concerns about this topic to h25b. Looks like he's got it "figgered out!"

Relax fellas; all will be known in due time.

zman300 said:

You guys are so used to getting stroked, you can't even read clear english in a pending contract. It's unfortunate that the "best and brightest" from the 89th can't figure this simple stuff out. It really makes me wonder about my tax dollars at work.

Richie Santulli just sold you and your kin down the river. Get ready for a Missoura boatride.

He's petrified that you'll all sign cards before the three years are up. He wants to continue to use you as he sees fit until ASAP prevents him from doing it any longer. He'll say anything or do anything to keep your hope alive. Unfortunately, your only hope is to actually submit union cards to protect your position.

But I know you won't listen. You'll keep prostrating yourselves at the altar of RTS. Like all false gods, they eventually crumble. Where will you be by then?

zman300 said:
Please refer further questions/concerns about this topic to h25b. Looks like he's got it "figgered out!"

Gee Whiz, I must have been pretty close to the actual conversation...

I just wander why the IBT "brothers" all of sudden start thinking that the company will start honoring their contracts. They've been telling us for months how the contract gets violated rampently, but now all of a sudden they expect that the company will just go on with life... And on top of everything else they have 3 YEARS to do it. A lot can change in 3 years. If they were going to completely go along with the union's wishes on this one why did they want 3 years to do it ? Last time I checked G-IV school was only about 5 weeks in SAV for those with no Gulfstream experience and it only takes about 1 minute for the NJI guys to fill out their union cards.

And lets not even discuss selling people down any rivers. That to is included in clear english in the pending contract. Good bye to the gateways for newbies and hello to 47K for a 5 yr. Falcon 2000 F.O. Right there in clear english, except it's YOUR OWN MEMBERSHIP... :rolleyes: It's O.K. though because PBI is a very affordable area with very low cost of living and I heard the same about TEB and LAX.

The sad part is that if they'd pull their head out of their arse and give up on this seat-grab they could probably have saved at least the gateways. Yet another example of losing the war to win the battle.

Last edited:
Starman,

Where did the 89th enter this discussion? Why did you insult its members? Maybe you were trying to insult me because you think I belong(ed) to it? Just a hint: my G-IV experience isn't from the military, and the 89th doesn't fly C-5s or T-1s. So don't ASSume, and leave our servicepeople out of your rants.

h25b,

I don't think anybody's going to screw anybody. Your union reps negotiated a pretty decent contract for you guys. Is it perfect? Of course not, but nothing ever will be. So like I said, just wait, and everything willl be known in time. In the meantime, enjoy your hard-earned gains, and keep working hard. Don't worry about the other side of the house; it likely won't impact you anyway.

zman300 said:
h25b,

I don't think anybody's going to screw anybody. Your union reps negotiated a pretty decent contract for you guys. Is it perfect? Of course not, but nothing ever will be. So like I said, just wait, and everything willl be known in time. In the meantime, enjoy your hard-earned gains, and keep working hard. Don't worry about the other side of the house; it likely won't impact you anyway.

I'm not a NJA pilot... I'm actually on your side. Didn't you read my posts ? For your information, the IBT IS trying to screw you..

Starman said:
But I know you won't listen. You'll keep prostrating yourselves at the altar of RTS. Like all false gods, they eventually crumble. Where will you be by then?

Oh, and the only one I prostrate myself to is God, who has a lot to say about employee AND employer relations. Shall I relate a parable? Or share a couple verses?

Latest resources

Back