Santulli's visit to SC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
I'm not a NJA pilot... I'm actually on your side. Didn't you read my posts ? For your information, the IBT IS trying to screw you..

Heh heh! I was wondering why all your negativity about the contract! Guess I ASSumed something too, eh?

Yeah, the IBT is trying to screw us, but I don't think it has as much to do with screwing US as it does the fact that they have to represent their members to the best of their abilities. Might I get screwed in the process? Sure, but their obligation is to their members; I don't like the IBT or any union, but I also don't take their actions as a personal attack. That's just me, though.

h25b said:
Gee Whiz, I must have been pretty close to the actual conversation...

I just wander why the IBT "brothers" all of sudden start thinking that the company will start honoring their contracts. They've been telling us for months how the contract gets violated rampently, but now all of a sudden they expect that the company will just go on with life... And on top of everything else they have 3 YEARS to do it. A lot can change in 3 years. If they were going to completely go along with the union's wishes on this one why did they want 3 years to do it ? Last time I checked G-IV school was only about 5 weeks in SAV for those with no Gulfstream experience and it only takes about 1 minute for the NJI guys to fill out their union cards.

And lets not even discuss selling people down any rivers. That to is included in clear english in the pending contract. Good bye to the gateways for newbies and hello to 47K for a 5 yr. Falcon 2000 F.O. Right there in clear english, except it's YOUR OWN MEMBERSHIP... :rolleyes: It's O.K. though because PBI is a very affordable area with very low cost of living and I heard the same about TEB and LAX.

The sad part is that if they'd pull their head out of their arse and give up on this seat-grab they could probably have saved at least the gateways. Yet another example of losing the war to win the battle.

h25b,
Just get over it!
Why does 47k for a 5 yr Falcon 2000 F.O matter. I don't think in the life of Netjets there has ever been a 5 yr F.O. that wasn't there by choice. You see, we have something call bidding for upgrade to Captain.
I can't help to just skip over your post because you really don't have a clue on what your talking about. I think your another one of the few guys that are truly unhappy in life. This TA is a 50% pay raise for me, the largest in Fractional history. This makes us the highest paid and least worked. How can you say that this was not a major improvement.
Well maybe your right, I might of been taken.
OH well, I guess I'll just take my 90K + for the 160 day's a year I work and my free medical, and my 401k and fly from home, and oh ya, my 40 Thousand dollar retro check and go cry in the corner. Life is bad. I only wish I had your job. Are they hiring?

Starman said:
You guys are so used to getting stroked, you can't even read clear english in a pending contract. It's unfortunate that the "best and brightest" from the 89th can't figure this simple stuff out. It really makes me wonder about my tax dollars at work.

Richie Santulli just sold you and your kin down the river. Get ready for a Missoura boatride.

He's petrified that you'll all sign cards before the three years are up. He wants to continue to use you as he sees fit until ASAP prevents him from doing it any longer. He'll say anything or do anything to keep your hope alive. Unfortunately, your only hope is to actually submit union cards to protect your position.

But I know you won't listen. You'll keep prostrating yourselves at the altar of RTS. Like all false gods, they eventually crumble. Where will you be by then?

So who do you recommend worshipping? Jimmy Hoffa????

No Thanks.

Someone must have hit a nerve or hit close to home! You even managed to get a company mole out of their hole. Nice having you back mole, haven't heard from or seen you and the rest for a few days?

So NJI is on double secret probation now? Wow, who would have known? I wonder if a sale of NJI is now imminent?

h25b:

The sad part is that if they'd pull their head out of their arse and give up on this seat-grab they could probably have saved at least the gateways. Yet another example of losing the war to win the battle.

We don't care about gateways. We care about having fly from home. Just like our cousins at NJI enjoy. As far as the "seat grab", well call it what you want it, but that is our scope protection. You are right about this company and honor of the contract. There are still (as far as I know) class action lawsuits that will be settled, because of contract violations. If I were at NJI, I would be very leery of anything coming out of RTS's mouth. As someone said above, he's getting ready to give them a Jersey boat ride.

squonk said:
We don't care about gateways. We care about having fly from home.
Right, fly from home is one of the best things the fractional industry has going for it. The problem is, this contract takes a very shortsighted approach to getting it by only guaranteeing it to the current pilots. Keep in mind that after a couple years, there will be lots of new, pissed off pilots wanting to know why the chosen few gets fly from home and the others have to live at five horrible gateways. It arbitrarily creates a group of haves vs. a group of have-nots and it's determined solely by date of hire. Unions always seem to be on sharp lookout for union busting measures, but this is a trojan horse that they're apparently avoiding because of the pay raise. I think NetJets wanted this arrangement because they know that in four years it's going to be a 50/50 split and they won't have to worry about facing a unified pilot group.

I'm glad that you're happy with the TA. Because I live near a gateway, I'll still most likely apply when I meet the mins. But keep this in mind, your TA has a trojan horse in it and it will come to haunt you.

Read my other posts Milehigh, I couldn't agree with you more.

This is sad. It hasn't even been a week since the TA was reached (with full and enthusiastic union support); it hasn't even been voted on; and already people want MORE.

IF there is a trojan horse in the TA as milehigh suggests, then I think (as I suggested in another thread) maybe it's not so much an issue of NJI employees getting onboard with the union and paying their dues, as much as it is NJA employees getting rid of the union. This'll make the second group, at least in the last two years, that has failed to represent you guys adequately.

I suspect the majority of NJA pilots are happy with the new agreement though, and rightly so. Of course, I could be wrong. If I am, you REALLY should try going without a union; I promise you, employer-employee relations can be GOOD without one.

SeaSpray said:
Looks like they heard something good and were instructed not to talk about it.
For someone who doesn't even work there, COLONEL, you sure have a big mouth. Stop embarrassing yourself.

-Just another "under-qualified," ex-military Netjets Captain.

"If I am, you REALLY should try going without a union; I promise you, employer-employee relations can be GOOD without one."

Spoken like a true believer

Latest resources

Back