Sad Night!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEGATIVE!

NJI/Exxon Mobile/Dominion Resources/Tag Aviation/Texas Instruments/HP/Microsoft/Satrbucks Coffee/Harley Davidson/IBM/Chevron Oil.... and about 125 other companies

Have excellent safety records and proticals... and none are, or were union.

Put down the Jimmy Hoffa baby bottle and open your eyes. The more you type on this forum, the dumber you make yourself look.

Maybe you need to take a look in the mirror

I doubt you have ever flown a corporate or charter jet outside of NJI. You don't appear to have much experience in non 121 operations.

NEGATIVE!

NJI/Exxon Mobile/Dominion Resources/Tag Aviation/Texas Instruments/HP/Microsoft/Satrbucks Coffee/Harley Davidson/IBM/Chevron Oil.... and about 125 other companies

Have excellent safety records and proticals... and none are, or were union.

Put down the Jimmy Hoffa baby bottle and open your eyes. The more you type on this forum, the dumber you make yourself look.

how many were fired for "no reason"?

i think ill take the union induced safety features over what a company thinks is safe.

Last edited:
Wolf, a friend of mine was hauled into CMH to explain himself, and threatened with termination, for refusing a trip for fatigue. (This was before we had a provision for it in our contract and before 91k prospective rest.) He was worked from 2am to 2pm, and briefed to start a full 14-hour day at 11am the next day. He went to bed at midnight, the phone rang five minutes later, and they told him he had a transcon roundtrip leaving in an hour.

So yes, when dealing with NJA, a union is why we have those fatigue protections. Other companies don't play those games, but NJA does.

The same situation does not apply today. 91K was introduced prior to 2005 and Netjets has compiled with it to the full since it was introduced.

As far as NJA playing games I could not disagree more. Go read section 2.13.1 paragraph a) and b) of the Netjets Flight Operation Manual. (I am not going to quote it here due to confidentiality). Your protection from fatigue is spelled out in black and white. If you fly fatigue you have no one else to blame but yourself.

Note that I'm quoting language from company policy, not the Union contract.

Maybe this needs a new thread... but.

Fortune 100 companies operate some of the best flight departments in the world. To think they want their pilots to fly tired, unsafe, or place their executives in danger to complete the flight is ludicrous.

Sure there are operators out there that are horrible to work for. But to judge them across the board because they dont have a pilots union is absurd.

Wolf... who has very little experience outside airlines (see below)

1. Father spent 38 years as a mechanic, pilot, Chief Pilot and Director of Flight Operations for Burlington Industries. I grew up in a hanger.

2. Brother spent 28 years in corporate aviation and just retired as CP from the worlds 5th largest energy company.

3. I flew for Oakwood Homes, Amick Farms, Spitfire Aviation before ever seeing an airline.

Maybe this needs a new thread... but.

Fortune 100 companies operate some of the best flight departments in the world. To think they want their pilots to fly tired, unsafe, or place their executives in danger to complete the flight is ludicrous.

Sure there are operators out there that are horrible to work for. But to judge them across the board because they dont have a pilots union is absurd.

Wolf... who has very little experience outside airlines (see below)

1. Father spent 38 years as a mechanic, pilot, Chief Pilot and Director of Flight Operations for Burlington Industries. I grew up in a hanger.

2. Brother spent 28 years in corporate aviation and just retired as CP from the worlds 5th largest energy company.

3. I flew for Oakwood Homes, Amick Farms, Spitfire Aviation before ever seeing an airline.

You flew for those companies and you have no clue why a union is good for you?

Alrighty then

rajflyboy

What is your point? You have been making noise without any real substance.

The guy has a great history with his family in aviation so why are you knocking it?

Some people like unions...others don't. Is that a problem?

rajflyboy

What is your point? You have been making noise without any real substance.

The guy has a great history with his family in aviation so why are you knocking it?

Some people like unions...others don't. Is that a problem?

He is in a union now. He needs to know that he is "Protected".

Thats all now.

Latest resources

Back