Sacrifice AA sen.# for AWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey 80.....

From what I understand...Cecil and the furloughees had a gentlemans agreement that everyone who found work elsewhere was welcome to return to AA regardless of a letter of resignation. With da Kude....well....I think we all know where he stands.

TWA Dude,

Just wondering, I was a jun 89 hire at TWA. Do you happen to know the seniority date of the most junior TWA person still on the list at AA.

Thanks

swaforme:

17DEC96. Lots of guys were hired in '96 so with the anticipated furloughs in the coming months it'll be a while before they get through them.

justApilot said:
TWA dude....

hey bro, maybe it's time to change your screen name!

Maybe not. I realize it's difficult for people like you to understand, but I'm proud to have flown for TWA. TWA hired me and AA furloughed me. I like my handle and I like my avatar so I ain't changing 'em. Thank you for your suggestion.

TWA dude....

I realize it's difficult for people like you ..........

Naw, guys like you .........

Hey dude, spit it out....what are you trying to say?

justApilot said:
Hey dude, spit it out....what are you trying to say?

Whaddya mean, what am I trying to say? I simply responded to your statement, "With the way APA caves on seniority integrations you may end up in a better number when AA buys AWA" You implied that the TWA seniority integration was a cave-in by the APA. You're welcome to your opinion but you did little to address the question that started this thread, and hence opened yourself up to what you got.

Don't worry; I'm sure you get to keep your job because you deserve it and I got furloughed because I deserved it.

TWA dude......

I realize it's difficult for people like you ..........

Naw, guys like you .........

I still don't get it. People like you..?..guys like you...? What's your point?

------------------------
Don't worry; I'm sure you get to keep your job because you deserve it and I got furloughed because I deserved it.

Dude...I don't wish a furlough on anyone.

TWA Dude,

I have never posted a message on this forum before but I feel I need to now. I am furloughed from AA and am one of the several hundred American hires (not Eagle flowthru) who will always be junior to all TWA pilots.

I was in the August 6 class and was in training on 9-11. American kicked both my class as well as the August 22 class out with no recall rights. I will forever be grateful for the way the APA stood up for us and secured our recall rights.

No one "deserves" to be furloughed and many people have been hurt by all this. However, blaming the APA is not the way to deal with your disappointment.

Latest resources

Back