Sacrifice AA sen.# for AWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two-9-9-Twoset,

First question: what's up with your name? Yeah its esoteric - any clues as to what it refers to?

I think AWA might not be classified as a Major if its revenue declines below $1 billion - I am not sure what it is now, but maybe that is what the General was referring to...

The General seems to be quite jazzed about PHX and TUS - I agree - I love Arizona - great place to live and awesome Mex food.

Hoss - I'd say go for AWA now and wait for a call-back from AA - I believe they still have to call you back at some point and at least offer you your place. Right? Am I wrong about that?

Regardless, go for the A320 flying while you are at it - nice airplane with fun side-sticks - like your F16 days!

Good luck

Hoss;

Just wondering.... are you still flying with the AZ ANG? If so, couldn't you roll that over in a full time guard slot, hang on to your AA senority number and possibly persue Southwest? Resigning AA senority to take a possible position if offered at AWA , I just don't know.... tough call.

PHXFLYR :cool:

29.92 set

Heavy set -- Asking about "29.92 set" leads me to believe your profile is bogus. 12,000+ hours in a 747 and 727 and never been over FL 180??? ... or were you asking if "Two-9-9-twoset" had some double meaning besides the obvious?

FWIW: After last round of furloughs, AA recalled regardless of "seniority resignation" letters.

Also, FWIW: AA is probably going to furlough another 1,000 in addition to the 1100 already on the street. Assuming they start to recall in 2004, it's going to take at least three years to get em all back.

80drvr said:
Assuming they start to recall in 2004, it's going to take at least three years to get em all back.

Wow; that's the most optimistic scenario I've heard in a long time. Barring any major shifts in the industry, and you know what I mean, I can't imagine the first AA recall taking place any sooner than three years from now.

justApilot said:
With the way APA caves on seniority integrations you may end up in a better number when AA buys AWA. Good luck bro.

Naw, guys like you will just say that AWA pilots had zero career expectations and should be stapled. Ironic considering AA current financial situation.

Latest resources

Back