Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

*Rumor* OO/EV to start "at risk" Florida flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Outstation basing will only work if multiple IAD outstations are opened as crew bases. Its impossible to crew 20 airplanes with a base in CAE unless they are going to overnight 12+ UAX planes there. The base will be in IAD. I hope it goes senior but I think people will end up being displaced.

Only need to overnight about 5 planes, every 4th day the plane would rotate through for an overnight at the mx base and get the service check etc.
Could CAE support 5 UAX flights in the AM? I've never been there.

Only need to overnight about 5 planes, every 4th day the plane would rotate through for an overnight at the mx base and get the service check etc.
Could CAE support 5 UAX flights in the AM? I've never been there.

Yes, it could. New terminal, lots of services--no problem. I don't know who works the Yonited flight out of CAE, however. Delta Mainline is the servicer for Delta, who does the YoNited service out of CAE?

Trojan

CAE has a good amount of regional traffic to a number of places on a number of carriers. ASA already has a hangar by the Fedex cargo area, and yes, the Mesa Hangar is up for grabs as well.
The press release (if it even does happen) will be a nice hint, but I'll believe it when I see the plane painted up with United Express on the side flying into a United hub.

Well, I hear ASA wants the planes to be painted ghost white with an LED screen on the tail so pilots can flick a switch and change the sign between Delta Connection and United Express.

does anyone have recurrent training to ask SH about this?

Well, I hear ASA wants the planes to be painted ghost white with an LED screen on the tail so pilots can flick a switch and change the sign between Delta Connection and United Express.

does anyone have recurrent training to ask SH about this?

SH can only answer when its official. Ask him about LA basing when that was going on. The answer was absolutely not. A week later, LA opened. MGMT can only comment when comment with facts when the deal is done. Thats why they are management. If they were pilots, they'd be on flightinfo like everyone else spreading rumors. There are significant issues that go on with an RFP, specifically regarding confidentiality until all parties are privy to the agreements.

I heard Georgia Skies was getting all the flying and it was for 900's. I heard it from a very reliable source, John Crapper.

Outstation basing will only work if multiple IAD outstations are opened as crew bases. Its impossible to crew 20 airplanes with a base in CAE unless they are going to overnight 12+ UAX planes there. The base will be in IAD. I hope it goes senior but I think people will end up being displaced.

I was only talking about the possible CAE base IF ASA gets a UAX contract. I agree that there would also have to be an IAD crew base for the majority of the flying. A CAE base would be for system flexibility. Of course, outstation MX/Pilot bases kinda suck for schedules due to the early shows with very late releases due to overnight MX work.

I am sad to say that I agree with others on this thread that stated this will only happen with an agreement on PBS. Also, watch for BH to push for multi-qual on the 2/7/900 for this growth due to greater flexibility. Avoid SkyWest's "Block Hour Override" scheme at all costs. Good luck guys.

I am sad to say that I agree with others on this thread that stated this will only happen with an agreement on PBS. Also, watch for BH to push for multi-qual on the 2/7/900 for this growth due to greater flexibility. Avoid SkyWest's "Block Hour Override" scheme at all costs. Good luck guys.

Am I the only one who thinks management posts on the board here?

Chief Pilot "Well fellas...without PBS and multi qual...our shot of getting a piece of that United flying is slim to none..."

FO overhears and calls buddy at the crashpad. "Dude we're never gonna get that United Flying unless we have PBS! Dude without United you know we're not going to upgrade soon! I mean DUDE!"

Latest resources

Back