*Rumor* OO/EV to start "at risk" Florida flying?

SPDBRD747400

World's Favourite Airline
Total Time
mucho
With Daytona Beaches airport birthday it was mentioned that executives from ASA and Skywest were in town for the celebration. Also that there was talks of a branded (like ExpressJet) flying out of DAB to places like IAD. Not sure if it would be ASA or Skywest but would make sense to use the extra 20 50's coming available in April '10 from ASA. Just a rumor but Gulfstream International looks to be failing along with a recent 50.1% stock sale, along with there FAA issues, who knows?

SSDD

Total Time
In typical Skywest fashion, it seems like they're slowly testing the waters. Instead of jumping in with branded flying, they are expanding into a lot of "at risk" cities, but marketed under the mainline partner.

OCP

Total Time
eh...
I know its just talk, but SH said they are absolutely not looking at branded flying.

SPDBRD747400

Total Time
mucho
I could see a possible United Express flying to IAD from some Florida cities (maybe MLB, DAB, etc..) just a thought.

SPDBRD747400

Total Time
mucho
Oh yeah, almost forgot:

Mesa sucks!

goahead

Total Time
I thought they've been talking about this at ASA since the first of the year.

Ex1900Driver

Sky Anchor
Total Time
With Daytona Beaches airport birthday it was mentioned that executives from ASA and Skywest were in town for the celebration. Also that there was talks of a branded (like ExpressJet) flying out of DAB to places like IAD. Not sure if it would be ASA or Skywest but would make sense to use the extra 20 50's coming available in April '10 from ASA. Just a rumor but Gulfstream International looks to be failing along with a recent 50.1% stock sale, along with there FAA issues, who knows?

Smashing Username!!

enuffalready

Total Time
4000+
agreed. they will start hiring at skywest again before they give any flying to EV

777forever

Total Time
Its flying for the 20 ASA 200s. Skywest does not have airplanes to cover the flying. Once the announcement is made next month, PBS will pass for sure.

ace6453

Total Time
some
Its flying for the 20 ASA 200s. Skywest does not have airplanes to cover the flying. Once the announcement is made next month, PBS will pass for sure.

That sounds about right, I don't think PBS has a chance in hell of passing unless they dangle some carrot in front of us, and of course we'll bite.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
*Rumor* OO/EV to start "at risk" Florida flying?

I figured out the OO/EV connection with this. OO pilots will be using EV planes. Now it all makes sense.

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
I heard Skywest inc will be taking the 20 200s and giving them to skywest to fly.

Just kidding... hope asa gets some pie too.

Medeco

SQUIB
I'll confirm that ASA people will be very happy in a few weeks. Seriously.

Medeco