Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

*Rumor* OO/EV to start "at risk" Florida flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a perfect in between point from IAD and ATL. You could shuttle crews either way based on demand. That's how I see it. Additionally, IAD has been a problem in the past for INC. because of flow of aircraft. With ATL and CAE that's no longer a problem. I hope Inc. can find flying for those 20 aircraft and hopefully more so we can bring back our own.

Trojan

Man talk about being hopeful. You could pick any number of airports that are in between IAD and ATL to fit your dream.

Bottom line is that nobody knows anything and anyone who says they do is full of it.

Man talk about being hopeful. You could pick any number of airports that are in between IAD and ATL to fit your dream.

Bottom line is that nobody knows anything and anyone who says they do is full of it.

You could pick any number of airports, but one (CAE) has an ASA MX base.

Trojan

CAE has a good amount of regional traffic to a number of places on a number of carriers. ASA already has a hangar by the Fedex cargo area, and yes, the Mesa Hangar is up for grabs as well.
The press release (if it even does happen) will be a nice hint, but I'll believe it when I see the plane painted up with United Express on the side flying into a United hub.

CAE is no different than FAT, PSP, TUS, COS at SkyWest. In Skywest Inc.'s eyes, outstation MX bases are less expensive than large hub MX bases. IAD would tax and fee ASA MX to death like all hub airports. The smaller communities want/need the increase in jobs and offer tax/fee breaks for airport growth. If ASA gets any UAX flying, I would imagine a small crew base to go along with the increase in MX at CAE. It saves on overnight costs and offers a buffer for seasonal increases/decreases in CAE or IAD traffic.

I have hopes for you guys to get the furloughs back on property with another code share. I do not believe that SkyWest airlines will get any more UAX traffic due to our already large amount UAX flying. So if INC. gets any, I am sure it will head your direction. Good luck.

There's a bunch of tools over at XJT and also at Air Wisconsin who all think they are getting this flying...HA!!!! What a bunch of clowns, always think they're better than everyone else, but they're just too damn expensive to ever get new flying. Clowns...

Big talk behind a keyboard. Do yourself a favor and pound down a cup of Skydrol.

CAE is no different than FAT, PSP, TUS, COS at SkyWest. In Skywest Inc.'s eyes, outstation MX bases are less expensive than large hub MX bases. IAD would tax and fee ASA MX to death like all hub airports. The smaller communities want/need the increase in jobs and offer tax/fee breaks for airport growth. If ASA gets any UAX flying, I would imagine a small crew base to go along with the increase in MX at CAE. It saves on overnight costs and offers a buffer for seasonal increases/decreases in CAE or IAD traffic.

I have hopes for you guys to get the furloughs back on property with another code share. I do not believe that SkyWest airlines will get any more UAX traffic due to our already large amount UAX flying. So if INC. gets any, I am sure it will head your direction. Good luck.

Outstation basing will only work if multiple IAD outstations are opened as crew bases. Its impossible to crew 20 airplanes with a base in CAE unless they are going to overnight 12+ UAX planes there. The base will be in IAD. I hope it goes senior but I think people will end up being displaced.

That's a valid point, but the rumor is more focused on the flying, not the bases. There's no reason why they couldn't have a few little ones sprout up. Other companies have shown that they don't need a chief pilot at each one, so there's no reason ASA couldn't have a base without any adult supervision. If it save the company a lot of money, it's possible to do. However, I'd say that IAD is more likely. Is any of the ORD flying on the table as well? Mesa does some of that too.

You guys are speaking as if this is a done deal. Don't get your hopes up too much or you'll just be even more dissapointed. I hope this flying comes our way obviously, but a little cautious optimism will save you a lot of heartache when the work goes to a lower bidder.

Latest resources

Back