Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

*Rumor* OO/EV to start "at risk" Florida flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Baronman,

Not management, just my opinion (like that amounts to much). But I needed to add, you guys are lucky to operate under a CBA unlike us. If ASA goes the way of PBS and/or multi-qual, MAKE IT WORTH IT!

I'm not an ASA pilot but I find it funny that they are sold on the fact that if they don't do what management suggests, they'll "lose out" on future flying.

I suggest that in the end it will be whatever company floats UAL the most cash that will fly for them. If during the process, management can convince you to PBS, flying various types, they'll do so.

Thats easy, SKWY has the most cash to float.

Most ASA pilots that have been here more than 4 yrs(majority) are not falling for the must have PBS to get more flying. Most ASA pilots are smart enough to know that PBS will save the company big money and in turn could help the company in RFP's.

Most ASA pilots also know that we are in a position to negotiate PBS unlike 99% of the pilot groups out there that had it shoved down their throat. We are actually going to see what our committee hammers out, see it in side by side bidding, and vote on whether we like it or not.

Medeco

At-risk is not necessarily branded. It just means that costs that were once passed through are covered by the contracted carrier.

I think the key is SkyWest is getting more into the "pro-rate" market. (more risk but more reward) they have grown the marketing department, and are realy focusing on cost. I think what ever happens in the future "pro-rate" will have a huge part in it. Also I think ASA, once they get there cost under control will also enter this "pro-rate" game.

SH can only answer when its official. Ask him about LA basing when that was going on. The answer was absolutely not. A week later, LA opened. MGMT can only comment when comment with facts when the deal is done. Thats why they are management. If they were pilots, they'd be on flightinfo like everyone else spreading rumors. There are significant issues that go on with an RFP, specifically regarding confidentiality until all parties are privy to the agreements.

Some of them are on Flightinfo like everyone else spreading rumors!

I'm not an ASA pilot but I find it funny that they are sold on the fact that if they don't do what management suggests, they'll "lose out" on future flying.

I suggest that in the end it will be whatever company floats UAL the most cash that will fly for them. If during the process, management can convince you to PBS, flying various types, they'll do so.

My screen name is Speedtape, and I approve of this message!

O.k. sorry about bringing this thread back to life but I hear ASA can expect an announcement Oct 15th about flying for United out of IAD. 5 planes will start flying in December and 10 more will be put in the system in January 2010 (only 200's). So far only 15 are to fly and not 20.

Latest resources

Back