• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor Alert! - Delta/NWA SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "NWA side" is not putting anything. This thread was started on pure conjecture.

Agreed.

We have heard NOTHING from our merger committee.

There is no reason why anyone from either merger committee would say anything about the what the arbitrators are thinking. In other words, there are NO leaks and anything said on this board are just educated guesses.

I'd stick with "pure conjecture".

NWA ALPA, NWA Merger Committee have NOT put out anything.

Neither has DALPA our the DAL Merger Committee.

We shall see what happens on December 8th.

That we shall. All good points.

Just a hunch, but my guess is that the arbitrators are being very thorough and are looking at a variety of methodologies/lists to see which one best fits and no one can know for certain how this will come out.

Last edited:
Any "leaking" from the arbiters this early is firmly in BS Land. This is completely wishful thinking on someone at NWA.

Ah, rumors.

Exactly!

The movements they predicted for SLI were predicated on growth and that is clearly not happening. Retirements will still continue...

And negative growth? Would the list account for that, too? Or maybe no once can RECALL if that was a possibility.

...or a margarita and "Changes in Latitudes....Changes in Attitudes".....
How about changes in venues? Why's Jimmy been playing indoors lately? Bring him back to Lakewood!

Taking about changes in attitudes ... I'm worried with this merger that the Captains around Delta are going to be a cross between Jessie Ventura and Garrison Keillor.

Someone else wrote that if you want to know where the bookstore, coffee shop and good area to go running is, ask a Delta pilot. If you want to know where the happy hour lasts until 03 hundred, a place to buy a carton of cigarettes for $12, or a breakfast place with a stripper pole is, ask a Northwest pilot. I'm not sure what they meant.

Last edited:
And negative growth? Would the list account for that, too? Or maybe no once can RECALL if that was a possibility.

Yeah weren't the NWA guys going to give up seniority for the "huge" payraise (actually around 5% after loss of 1.5 pay over 80, medical premium increase, etc), and huge growth (yeah, right). Looks like the NWA guys won't be going over to the DAL non-super premium mini-wide bodies anytime soon.

Glad some had the foresight to remember than payraises and growth are temporary, seniority is forever.

Yeah weren't the NWA guys going to give up seniority for the "huge" payraise (actually around 5% after loss of 1.5 pay over 80, medical premium increase, etc), and huge growth (yeah, right). Looks like the NWA guys won't be going over to the DAL non-super premium mini-wide bodies anytime soon.

Glad some had the foresight to remember than payraises and growth are temporary, seniority is forever.

YAWN!!

All refuted soundly in the forum which actually matters.

Keep hoping for that attrition, it's all you've got.

YAWN!!

All refuted soundly in the forum which actually matters..

Funny, we thought the exact same thing. This is like arguing with your wife.

Something tells me neither one of us is going to get exactly what we want.......

Anyone notice someone conspiculously missing from this thread??? 4 pages and none of his/her wisdom. Must be a record.

Heyas, I just got back. We'll know more on Monday I guess. This rumor is an interesting one, but I think it still gives too much to the NWA side. It doesn't take into account all of their smaller planes and less pay. We'll see...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back