• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest has become and proven that it can be a true competition to the major carriers. It's track record speaks for itself. But in the grand scheme of things, SWA is much better off than it's competitor "discount carriers". (Airtran, Spirit, Jetblue)

True. However, as the Legacy's regain strength there will be a big fight for the skies. SWA will lose its pretty fuel price and ask for the pilots to take cuts to survive.

Just my .02c

This from a guy who flies his "little" 737 for a company that for 25-30 of its 35 year history was looked upon as "lowering the bar" by the now legacies.

Last time anyone checked, no one at JetBlue is here by force, no one has taken a pay cut and no one has had to go BUY their type or resign from their furloughed airline.

Mr. Smarty Pants CanyonBlue..
You sound scared and bitter.

Why don't you enjoy your top of the hill status, save your money, concentrate on not getting divorced (if you found a woman to put up with you) and recognize that those on top inevitably may fall.

And don't forget to take credit for your superior Management. I'm sure SWA's success was all because of YOU!

Enjoy your ride.

WOW..... I guess this is what happens when your ON TOP. We are the airline to work at and try to beat. Since you couldn't get a job here your only hope is to beat us, that will never happen. WE ARE MAKING MONEY....WE ARE HOLDING THE BAR UP - GIVING YOU SOMETHING TO SHOOT FOR. Just think how good your life would be on the 5th and 20th of every month if you worked for SWA? No selling your house to downsize, no waiting to see what will happen next, and keep the kids in private school. LIVE IS GOOD at SWA.

You sound DUMB when you attempt to make fun of a successful Company. A Company that people like to work at, pays very well and you get lots of time off. Who would not want to be part of that? We are kick'n a$$, and you're on the wrong team, sorry bout that - but thats not my problem. :D

Last time anyone checked, no one at JetBlue is here by force, no one has taken a pay cut and no one has had to go BUY their type or resign from their furloughed airline.

what can you cut from the pay?

UAL and AA slashing fares was to be expected, I certainly doubt this comes as any surprise to jetblue.

Who knows how it will turn out, I guess time will tell!

Enjoy your ride.

Wow Dude, I wasn't talking about jetBlue. I found it comical that Megan McCarthy, a spokeswoman for United would comment.........

"We look forward to competing vigorously with JetBlue and all the carriers at O'Hare"

And then American Airlines rolled out a special $59 fare. I can understand competition, but at what point does it hurt their bottom line too much. The employees at those companies have given back, and is irresponsible management decisions the answer? If they head down a spiral again, do they expect the employees to bail them out?

People love working for this company, enjoy comparable time off, and the pay will come. I wouldn't be quick to call this working for the wrong team. I love my job just as much as you love yours.:beer:

Wow..
This from a guy who flies his "little" 737 for a company that for 25-30 of its 35 year history was looked upon as "lowering the bar" by the now legacies.

You wouldn't think it was little if the tire rolled over your foot.

Latest resources

Back