• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However, this 8vATE character is a member of the "I got mine, you have no right to complain" club.

Zonker, I am not sure that description is quite correct and even a bit overboard perhaps.

Had one been hired at say UAL late 90's, upgrade would have been very quick, but unfortunately for them and realistically all of us, things changed and for the worse. Of course projections of upgrade is often based on best case scenarios, well, we all know this business is at times a crap shoot and things do change.

jetblue was growing like gangbusters, they still are, but things have definitely slowed a bit, in the short term that sucks, but perhaps in the long run, it is for the better. Of course, as someone else mentioned, should jetblue go out of business, upgrades might run a bit longer yet.

I would never say "just color", and I sympathise, however, I cannot say, that I agree with the sentiment, that jetblue sucks because of how things have changed. There are things that suck at all companies, but sometimes, we have to consider the reason why they do!

Just my two cents, mileage may vary, professional stuntmen, closed road, dramatization, do not overinflated, shown with optional accessories, pictures simulated, paid advertisment, I may or may not have approved this message, prices higher in AK and CA, do not attempt, don't do drugs, don't drink and fly, weekend stay required, limited seats, slight variations in fabric!

zonked again?

However, this 8vATE character is a member of the "I got mine, you have no right to complain" club.

You mean you haven't "got yours". You're too late again. Sucks to be you.

Don't worry you'll get it all right!

I'm not sharing mine with you, because I got mine and you can't have any.

Want some cheese with your whine!

Grow up, chump!

You mean you haven't "got yours". You're too late again. Sucks to be you.

Don't worry you'll get it all right!

I'm not sharing mine with you, because I got mine and you can't have any.

Want some cheese with your whine!

Grow up, chump!

I'm not whining, dip$hit. I'm doing just fine.

What I'm tired of: Those who think it's unacceptable to voice dissent and their only answer for those who do is to tell them to quit.

What I'm tired of: Those who think it's unacceptable to voice dissent and their only answer for those who do is to tell them to quit.

If you're tired, then maybe you need to take an afternoon nap with all the pre-school kids, you sound like you're whining like a 5 year old. "Teacher, teacher, Jimmys got the toy I want because he got here first."

You're probably the kid nobody played with on the playground too.

Grow up or quit your whining. Virgin America is where you need to be to get yours first.

If you're tired, then maybe you need to take an afternoon nap with all the pre-school kids, you sound like you're whining like a 5 year old. "Teacher, teacher, Jimmys got the toy I want because he got here first."

You're probably the kid nobody played with on the playground too.

Grow up or quit your whining. Virgin America is where you need to be to get yours first.

Go take your meds scumbag.

This thread is a big indication of one of the main problems at JetBlue. Bavarian Chef raised some issues, which may have merit, and rather than discussing the issues, he was assaulted by his fellow pilots. My experience, both here and at BP.com, has shown the following:

1) If you post ANYTHING that is not 100% in favor of everything the company is doing, you are labeled a troublemaker. Instantly. The only posts allowed are those describing in various shades of wonderfulness how great it is to employed at JB.

2) Should you make one of those "unfortunate" posts, you will receive one or both of the two (2) acceptable responses: You knew what the ____ (pay, working conditions, etc) was before you were hired, and don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. Usually these replies are delivered with a heaping amount of personal attack as well, such as "Is this your first airline?".

What is truly disturbing is that these attacks are from fellow JetBlue pilots. Making any improvements whatsoever will start with the simple act of acknowledging that there ARE areas that need improvement.

I think it's possible to discuss actual issues, but maybe I'm wrong.

Another ray of light! Yet another pilot that "gets it."

Face it guys, the days of pilots making 100 grand a year are history. People like 8vATE are waking up and realizing that they should just be happy to have a job. The best way to preserve that job is to keep a well compensated executive team, complete with glistening golden parachutes, running the Blue machine.

Well..

I am a realist..
But I am not a punk..

On the other hand.. you're a plain, bold faced liar.
If it's one thing we DO HAVE at Jetblue... It's not a greedy, lying, criminal management team raping the workers.

The senior management team here FOUNDED the company and took it public.
Hence, most of them have ownership %'s in the company with NO exorbinant options. Licensed crewmembers and mid-managers/directors do get options.

Our leadership is paid nickels and dimes in yearly salary... WHICH D.N. and D.B. return to the employee hardship/charity fund.

So...

Do we make less than pilots ten years ago?
Yes.
Does everyone else make less?
Yes.

Frank, by shoveling your crap you are the one who smells.

For you guys that think it sucks so bad and bitch, bitch, bitch..
Hey..
Lots of us furlougees have been there.
There are more casualties from this industry than success stories..

MY POINT is ....

The key to everyone's success is an efficient, profitable growing company.

If there are improvements in pay/compensation to be had... I'm all for it, esp for our E190 gang.

But don't hamstring or cripple the business plan for it.
And I think there are people out there that will never adjust to the new reality... which is...
There are a lot more occupations that are more lucrative than flying.

Last edited:
This thread is a big indication of one of the main problems at JetBlue. Bavarian Chef raised some issues, which may have merit, and rather than discussing the issues, he was assaulted by his fellow pilots. My experience, both here and at BP.com, has shown the following:

1) If you post ANYTHING that is not 100% in favor of everything the company is doing, you are labeled a troublemaker. Instantly. The only posts allowed are those describing in various shades of wonderfulness how great it is to employed at JB.

2) Should you make one of those "unfortunate" posts, you will receive one or both of the two (2) acceptable responses: You knew what the ____ (pay, working conditions, etc) was before you were hired, and don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out. Usually these replies are delivered with a heaping amount of personal attack as well, such as "Is this your first airline?".

What is truly disturbing is that these attacks are from fellow JetBlue pilots. Making any improvements whatsoever will start with the simple act of acknowledging that there ARE areas that need improvement.

I think it's possible to discuss actual issues, but maybe I'm wrong.

Someone else who gets it. I think the total is now three.

Latest resources

Back