Rude Welcome Awaits JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I looked at Travelocity last night.

On the JFK to ORD non-stop route we are using 320s and 190s they are using 145s and CR700s. Otherwise, they are using mainline equipment with 1 or more stops and 5 hour plus travel times and one fare as high as $900.00.

One flight is ORD - DFW - JFK and is very close to our fare.

It will be interesting to see if we can fill our daily 612 non-stop seats and at what yield.

:beer:

You'll fill them...............but at a loss.

Especially, with those taxi times and high percentage of delays at BOTH JFK and ORD.

The gas alone will make that route unprofitable.

This from a guy who flies his "little" 737 for a company that for 25-30 of its 35 year history was looked upon as "lowering the bar" by the now legacies.

Enjoy your ride.

Lowering the bar?

After a legacy pilot averages in his paycheck value while on furlough and strike, I wonder who makes more money over a 20+ career...

True. However, as the Legacy's regain strength there will be a big fight for the skies. SWA will lose its pretty fuel price and ask for the pilots to take cuts to survive.

Russian, Don't know if you've noticed or not but as the Legacies regain strength, the employees of those legacies are wanting their "contributions" back.

Heck, there already is a scheduled "informational picketing" event later this month. The TWU leader at the AA maintenance facility in TUL has said publicaly he wants AA's pockets filled now....so that in 2008, he can dig into those pockets and get his fair share back.

SWA has a team dedicated to fuel efficiencies/purchases....they do a great job...and continue to plan for the future...thats the best part.

Tejas

CAL only matched fares with JB flights to Fla. as far as I know. I don't believe that would put a dent in CAL's rev or expenses any more than it would JB out of ORD. They have a history of protecting the EWR hub, so I don't think their defensive position against JB is something that they just "found out." JMHO.
It cost them $25M in the 4th Q of 2005 according to an analcyst. As far as I know, they continue to match Jetblue to Florida. Profits from CLE and IAH are offsetting the loss.

:pimp:​

AA and other legacy carriers have a knack at matching competitive fares and routes. Like Neeleman said, we are matched on every route we fly by a legacy in one way or another, a fine example is how Delta introduced JFK-upstate NY flights with CRJs and -8s. Remember a time when American Eagle used to fly those routes in SAAB 340s, where are they now? AA matched our flights out of LGB-JFK and OAK-JFK and they have in fact retreated on those routes and we still fly 'em. Additionally, the Asian market is going to be great between ORD-LGB. Where we fly on well-travelled routes, BOS-IAD, JFK-IAD, BOS-JFK, OAK-LGB-- we are holding our own and having greeted many of those passengers on my plane, they are extremely receptive of our premium service and friendly crews. We will continue to get bashed on Flight-Info.com because when people are jealous of a "good-thing", they lose control of their bladders...

It cost them $25M in the 4th Q of 2005 according to an analcyst. As far as I know, they continue to match Jetblue to Florida. Profits from CLE and IAH are offsetting the loss.
DoesJB make any money out of EWR? Just curious as I really don't read analyst reports or stock info.:cool:

I think this is probably a little late?

I don't work for JB, but, honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for them to finally acknowledge that you have to include the midwest (namely, Chicago) in any growth plans if you want to continue to grow.

I know it's probably been a huge struggle to get the one gate that you managed to get at ORD...and, does anyone know - does the gate belong to someone else? I don't know who payed off who with regard to Midway, but SWA has that whole enchilada locked up for a long time...

Here's how I see it...the ORD-JFK pair will probably do very well...EWR, LGA and HPN are well served from Chicago...JFK, not so much.

The California stuff, though, good luck. Just between AA and UA, flying into inconvenient, out of the way LGB is going to be a tough sell for business folks...

Me and a lot of other folks were wondering when you were going to start flying to cities in the Midwest; with the enormous amount of airplanes that still remain undelivered, any idea where the rest of them are going to go?

-brew3

And so it begins.

The legacies, flush with money, are now going to really turn the screws to JBLU. Wherever JBLU tries to "expand" to, the legacies will be there waiting to drop their fares to loss-leader levels.

Oh but that's OK for JBLU. They don't need to make money. That won't hurt them at all.

You JBLU cheerleaders keep whistling past the graveyard. Keep an eye out for that tombstone with People Express written on it.

DoesJB make any money out of EWR? Just curious as I really don't read analyst reports or stock info.:cool:
Not as of 4th Q 2005. They lost approx $400,000. Yield mgt has supposedly helped, but I have my doubts EWR is profitable.

:pimp:​

Latest resources

Back